ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Tier1 General Migrant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panjanathan
Newly Registered

Query on Tier1 General Migrant Visa

Post by panjanathan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi,

Please find my visa details given below

Holding valid UK Visa Tier 1 (GENERAL) Migrant [Valid from 04-Mar-2011 till 04-Mar-2013]
VAF No: 1200481

Query1: Though i got the visa i havent moved to UK due to my fathers illness. What is my stands now? Whether i lost a fair chance in getting settled in UK?

Query2: If i travel UK before my visa expiry date will i be entitled to extend my visa? Kindly please provide your valuable comments

Thanks and Regards
Panjanathan

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Query on Tier1 General Migrant Visa

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:20 pm

panjanathan wrote:Hi,

Holding valid UK Visa Tier 1 (GENERAL) Migrant [Valid from 04-Mar-2011 till 04-Mar-2013]

Query1: Though i got the visa i havent moved to UK due to my fathers illness. What is my stands now? Whether i lost a fair chance in getting settled in UK?

Query2: If i travel UK before my visa expiry date will i be entitled to extend my visa? Kindly please provide your valuable comments

Thanks and Regards
Panjanathan
1- You can come to UK any time as long as your visa is valid ( but you "might" have to convince immigration officer that you are going to make UK as your home country)
2- You have to meet all the criteria for extension. It does not matter when you come to UK for extension.

On a personal note, you still got more than one year, so take the chance :)

Thanks

cherrypie
South Africa

Re: Query on Tier1 General Migrant Visa

Post by cherrypie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:51 am

panjanathan wrote:Hi,

Thanks and Regards
Panjanathan
As long as you say you want to settle in the UK permanently you will be fine and let them know about your fathers illness.

I was in exactly the same position as you. I came to Aus to apply for my husbands dependent visa but my father in law was ill and my husband wanted to stay in Aus so we have lived here for the last 3 years. Went back to the UK shortly after getting my initial tier 1 visa and packed our stuff up and then only went back again in Dec last year (about 3 weeks before my visa was expiring) and applied for extension. In my cover letter I mentioned why I didn'y use the visa for the 3 years and have said that now that things are ok with my father in law I will move back and I got my extension.

I hope this helps you.