ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Urgent - Days out of Uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orbis2

ILR Urgent - Days out of Uk

Post by orbis2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

I am going to apply ILR next month & days outside from UK are around 160. But on 3 occasions i was away for more than a month but all paid. Dates as mentioned below

1. 01/12/2007 - 15/01/2008 ---- 43 days
2. 01/12/2008 - 05/01/2009 ---- 34 days
3. 15/10/2010 - 20/11/2010 ---- 45 days

I am really worried as a lawyer told me that these absense are more than a month & might possible i will not get ILR as these days are more than a month, Please advise.

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm

you are well within limits as your total absences are less than 180 and you dont have any single absence at a stretch over 90 days. Not sure why your lawyer thinks you have a problem.

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Here is the response which I got from Lawyer.

From a review of the absences you have provided, while the overall amount of absences are below 180 days in total, I am concerned regarding the long periods you have had overseas. For example, there are breaks of 42, 35 and 30 days. The UK Border Agency are likely to query these absences and ascertain if your continuous stay in the UK has been broken.

Items that may indicate that continuity has been broken can include single absences in a calendar year that exceed your annual leave entitlement from employment.

Therefore, these absences will need to be addressed before submitting the application.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:20 pm

All I see is more than 30 days in a calender year cannot be justified as paid leaves ... but that question of justification arises only when you are in excess of 180 in total and you have to reason out the extra days out of country ...

Since you are well within the limit of 180 days, the caseworker will not even bother to see if it is business or paid or unpaid ... they wont even ask you for any justification regarding your absences ...

You are very safe with absences and dont have to worry.

That lawyer you are speaking to is just trying to get business out of you by making a straightforward case look complicated ...

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:42 pm

I'd say get a different lawyer.

Better yet, in your case, just drop the one you have and apply on your own.

He's stressing you for no reason. You'll sail right through your ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:29 pm

You should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

m.j

Post by m.j » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:39 pm

orbis2 wrote:Here is the response which I got from Lawyer.

From a review of the absences you have provided, while the overall amount of absences are below 180 days in total, I am concerned regarding the long periods you have had overseas. For example, there are breaks of 42, 35 and 30 days. The UK Border Agency are likely to query these absences and ascertain if your continuous stay in the UK has been broken.

Items that may indicate that continuity has been broken can include single absences in a calendar year that exceed your annual leave entitlement from employment.

Therefore, these absences will need to be addressed before submitting the application.
I have a feeling the lawyer is unnecessarily complicating things for you. If your case is straight forward, you can apply it yourself and do not need a lawyer at all.
As long as you have not exceeded 180 days in 5 yrs and 90 days in a single trip, you should be fine for the application.

Rishika
Newly Registered

Urgent 3 monts waiver and 180 days conditions

Post by Rishika » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:14 am

Hi would the 3 monhts waiver under Modernisation Guidance between the entry clearance date and UK entry date get include to verify the 180 days calculation on abseces from Uk ?/ Urgent advise appreciated.

m.j wrote:
orbis2 wrote:Here is the response which I got from Lawyer.

I have a feeling the lawyer is unnecessarily complicating things for you. If your case is straight forward, you can apply it yourself and do not need a lawyer at all.
As long as you have not exceeded 180 days in 5 yrs and 90 days in a single trip, you should be fine for the application.