ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New immigration fees from April 2012 for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SpokenHands

New immigration fees from April 2012 for ILR

Post by SpokenHands » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 pm

The Immigration Minister Damien Green has proposed a 2% increase in fees on most routes, and some by a higher percentage from April 2012.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... s-proposed

The new fee structure from April 2012 [subject to Parliamentary approval] is:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... g-2012.pdf

Minister's Statement in Full
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... b-2012.pdf

bebe2011

My Goodness

Post by bebe2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:59 pm

AGAIN!

Don't they have any thoughts or pity for some of us who are workers......and pay taxes too.....

the increase might seem little to some....but every little makes a difference....add the increase to the 1000's of applications received and its a huge balance at the end....if only some of the money went to giving call centre reps better training so when we call they will give us the right information....then i will not complain....or they employed more people to deal with the backlog and tend to applications quicker then no problem.....but when they delay your application for over 6 months with no updates whatsoever and rude call centre personnel....then that is cause to complain about the ever increasing fees......

luckily by then my bc route will be over...no more application fees.....just concern for the new applicants....

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 pm

If you think about, this govt is probably staying aflot due to all the fees us immigrants have to pay - I am sure we are really helping to prop up the system ... :o

:wink:

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Scarily it is being made clear that dependents will in future be charged at the same rates as the main applicant!

The unit costs quoted are pure fantasy. £163 to transfer a vignette from one passport to another? Rubbish!

At the start of this road the visa for our daughter was an extra £90 (from memory), it is now up to more than £400 . Next year I presume it will be in the region of £1000.

They still keep us waiting for months!!