ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension 7 months earlier than current expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Extension 7 months earlier than current expiry

Post by nm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply my Tier 1 extension in 7 months before the current expiry. Do any one has applied earlier in a similar situation of me.?

This does not have any gap for my ILR,could you please share your experience.?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 am

You can always apply earlier but UKBA suggests that you post your application only 5 weeks before the expiry of your current visa.

In case you post it earlier, the only thing that might happen is that your extension (leave to remain) will start from the date they make a decision and not from the expiry date of your current visa. This would mean that you might fall short of the 5 yr period for ILR.

As you've said that this won't be an issue for your ILR so you should be okay.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi

Thanks for this, have any one have experienced in applying with earlier.?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:42 pm

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:29 am

Hi

Thanks for this, it seems I can apply early to get my extension since it does not have any short fall for my ILR ? Could experts can advice me on this.? I am planning to apply before the new fees structure

Also, do i need to mention any reason for early extension.? if so, what would be the best reason to mention in the application.?

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 am

Hi,

Could some one please help me on this.?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:58 am

nm wrote:Hi

Thanks for this, it seems I can apply early to get my extension since it does not have any short fall for my ILR ? Could experts can advice me on this.? I am planning to apply before the new fees structure

Also, do i need to mention any reason for early extension.? if so, what would be the best reason to mention in the application.?
Have you read from the thread provided by QuickSam? The link also contains a UKBA quote
We encourage applications to be made at least a month before the applicant's
extant (still existing) leave expires. Applicants should note however that if the application is made significantly earlier than one month before the expiry of their leave, there is a risk of a shortfall in the required period of leave should they subsequently make an application for settlement. This is because any further leave to remain (for example Indefinite Leave to Remain or Settlement) is granted from the date that we make the decision, not the date the applicant's extant leave expires.
Also, the Tier 1 form does not contain any questions on "reason for early extension" therefore in your position I would not worry about this.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks Mate, I do understand this and I have seen this prior to this posting. However, it's because out of curiousity and get an expert opinion since there are many who may had the similar experience.
:)