ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Banks statement error ......pls help....in post code....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

village

Banks statement error ......pls help....in post code....

Post by village » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Gurus,
I have one small query.....

I have one barclays statement where there is a small error.....

as the post code should be for ex : RH2 8EG (correct) where as in thebank statemnt it is RH2 8EQ (just Q instead of G)...........Where as the Invoice states correct post code.... only one letter is mistake.....

could you please give me some advise or is it ok..... let me know will this be an issues.........plshelp....

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Couldn't you get a duplicate or get the statement printed on Bank Stationary with the correct details?

**On a personal note, I don't think it really matters but it's always good be safe than sorry.

village

Post by village » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:00 pm

This is Barclays statement......and this is not current statement last march 2011 pay slip..and that is old address and now am in new address......

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Payslip or statement?

Doesn't matter how old the statement is, I believe the bank would be able to provide a duplicate in the light of the fact that the statement had incorrect address information.

village

Post by village » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:08 pm

i will try it as this isbarclays....they will..not......is there any other option....

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Well I might not be the right person to answer a question related to Barclays because I haven't dealt with Barclays myself.

I would still suggest, visit 2-3 different Barclays branches and check what they tell you about duplicate statements. Generally the policies vary from branch to branch.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:33 pm

If its a mistake on only 1 statement then you can skip it.
HO asks for bank statements only to verify income, not to check the address

but still if you feel jittery, call barclays telling them there is a mistake & to resend the duplicate statement with correct address.

the banks are obligated to send statements with correct details

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Quick Q: Was this address printed incorrectly or was the address mentioned in the Bank Account wrong at the time when the statement was issued ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:03 pm

the address on the stmt being correct to the letter of the postcode is not a requirement. you are worrying too much.

village

Post by village » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:55 pm

quicksam,
While updating the address initially at bank they updated wrong one ie, post code last letter.it was banks mistake...

MB243,

Hope we can not avoid that because that is first statement march one i will be submitting as the pay slip is correct address....and if they check....?

Greenie,

yes as you said am bit worried, because i dont wanna give chance to visa officer...

Anyways ...great thanks for all of you for replying ......

Finally i spoke to the barclays main office and told them this was the issue, they spoke to meover 20mints.....and they said today they will be posting the letter......to the UK Border Agency....that it was a error from their end......

will that be fine..?

Thanks.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:09 pm

If you were concerned, you could mention in the covering letter that the bank incorrectly stated the wrong postcode on one statement. The error doesn't affect any of the key details (your name, payment amounts, ....) so should not be a problem.