ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DHANYAVISU

ILR

Post by DHANYAVISU » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 2 (general) dependant visa. My husband is applying for his ILR by May 2012.

I came to UK on Sep 2009 then I moved to India on Apr 2010 for maternity reasons then I came to UK on May 2011. Since then I am in UK with my baby and husband. So far I stayed in UK for 16 months till date.
(I haven't got the the 2 year qualifying period as dependent in UK)

I wonder whether me and my baby are eligible for ILR along with my husband application?

dev_0891
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by dev_0891 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:12 pm

DHANYAVISU wrote:Hi

I am on Tier 2 (general) dependant visa. My husband is applying for his ILR by May 2012.

I came to UK on Sep 2009 then I moved to India on Apr 2010 for maternity reasons then I came to UK on May 2011. Since then I am in UK with my baby and husband. So far I stayed in UK for 16 months till date.
(I haven't got the the 2 year qualifying period as dependent in UK)

I wonder whether me and my baby are eligible for ILR along with my husband application?
Im also in a similar situation, i think you can definitely apply for your baby with ur husband, for urself u better consult some solicitors, it is not impossible anyway that u wont get ilr its just a matter of technical points. Best luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:15 pm

DHANYAVISU wrote:I wonder whether me and my baby are eligible for ILR along with my husband application?
If you were living with your husband in the UK since 2009, then probably yes. KOL required. 

There's no problem for child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.