ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is extension lenght.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raholptl

What is extension lenght.

Post by raholptl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi Guys,
As Home Office says apply for extension within last month, not before one month.
I am going for Tier 1 General Extension next month, 3 weeks before the visa expiry. my initial visa is for 3 years which is expiring in April 2012.
My question is: I will use PEO for extension, when I go for extension my visa will be approved on the same day what about the new visa will it be 2 years and 3 weeks?

Can any one please share their experiance who has their visa approved by PEO. were they given 2 years visa or 2 years plus the days/weeks they apply early?

Regards,
Rahol

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:47 pm

It will be exactly 2 yrs.

Others can share their experience, if the leave to remain start date is from the current expiry date or decision date (as I have not applied through PEO myself. )

For Postal applications it is 2 yrs from decision date. (logically it should be the same for PEO as well but let others confirm the same)

olessko
Newly Registered

Post by olessko » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:59 pm

for PEO applications it's exactly 2 years from the decision date (that is, from your appointment date)

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:03 pm

olessko wrote:for PEO applications it's exactly 2 years from the decision date (that is, from your appointment date)
Hi olessko,
did u get ur visa through PEO?

Regards,
Rahol

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:15 pm

It starts from the date of expiry of your current leave.

Also there is you dont need to get extension for 2 year and some extra days.Read this :-

Read the page number 10 carefully i.e

In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

olessko
Newly Registered

Post by olessko » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm

raholptl wrote: Hi olessko, did u get ur visa through PEO?
Yes, I went to PEO Croydon yesterday. The BRP did not arrive yet, but the officer asked me to sign a BRP form which contained validity dates.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:30 pm

olessko wrote:
raholptl wrote: Hi olessko, did u get ur visa through PEO?
Yes, I went to PEO Croydon yesterday. The BRP did not arrive yet, but the officer asked me to sign a BRP form which contained validity dates.
Thanks for ur reply but how many week early you applied?

olessko
Newly Registered

Post by olessko » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:35 pm

raholptl wrote: Thanks for ur reply but how many week early you applied?
I applied 2 weeks before the expiry of my Tier 1 permit.