ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this all I need to apply?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ibzo

Is this all I need to apply?

Post by ibzo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Hello,

I will hopefully be travelling to Jordan next week to get an official marriage contract with my wife and then she can apply for a spouse visa.
Below is the documents I have so that she can use to submit the application. Please advise me if I am missing anything or need to do anything else. Thanks

3 months bank statement
3 months payslips
letter from employer confirming employment status and salary

Letter from council saying that my house can accomodate another person. (They refused to write that they do not object to my wife staying with us and said this is sufficient)
Tenancy agreement which states that we can add more people to the property without prior consent from council (does this have to be the original?)
NO housing inspection survey as council said they don't do it, same as what estate agents said. (Letter from council should be enough, yes?)
Council tax paid by my father (is this needed?)

Pictures of us together
Skype conversations history (how long does this have to be?)
Mobile phone bills

Wife's English exam certificate

Photocopy of passport (does it need to be signed by a solicitor?)

Things which I should have by the time she applies:
Marriage certificate
Photocopy of Jordan stamp on my passport as proof I was there when we got married

Is this all I need?
Do I need to have letters from friends and relatives saying they know us and we are married?
Do I need a letter from myself outlining our story and future plans?
Does she need a medical report?

Your replies will be immensely appreciated! :D :D

batleykhan

Re: Is this all I need to apply?

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:26 pm

ibzo wrote:Hello,

I will hopefully be travelling to Jordan next week to get an official marriage contract with my wife and then she can apply for a spouse visa.
Below is the documents I have so that she can use to submit the application. Please advise me if I am missing anything or need to do anything else. Thanks

3 months bank statement
3 months payslips
letter from employer confirming employment status and salary

Letter from council saying that my house can accomodate another person. (They refused to write that they do not object to my wife staying with us and said this is sufficient)
Tenancy agreement which states that we can add more people to the property without prior consent from council (does this have to be the original?)
NO housing inspection survey as council said they don't do it, same as what estate agents said. (Letter from council should be enough, yes?)
Council tax paid by my father (is this needed?)

Pictures of us together
Skype conversations history (how long does this have to be?)
Mobile phone bills

Wife's English exam certificate

Photocopy of passport (does it need to be signed by a solicitor?)

Yes

Things which I should have by the time she applies:
Marriage certificate
Photocopy of Jordan stamp on my passport as proof I was there when we got married

Is this all I need?
Do I need to have letters from friends and relatives saying they know us and we are married?

No these are not required

Do I need a letter from myself outlining our story and future plans?

Yes its called a sponsorship declaration and a supporting letter outlining how you met, why you have married each other, how you intend to support her etc

Does she need a medical report?

Check with the BHC in AmmanYour replies will be immensely appreciated! :D :D

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Make those statements 6 months imo if possible, just better

My council doesn't do house survey either..from their reaction I gauged I was the first person ever to ask in the history of mankind

So I am sending an EPC, floor plans and photos of the house, landlord permission letter and old tenancy agreements etc

"Do I need to have letters from friends and relatives saying they know us and we are married?"

supposedly helps

"Do I need a letter from myself outlining our story and future plans?"

never heard of this one, anyone got any advice?

"Does she need a medical report?"

never heard of this either and am guessing no

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:06 pm

batleykhan wrote:Yes its called a sponsorship declaration and a supporting letter outlining how you met, why you have married each other, how you intend to support her
are there any templates for these? I tried doing a search but saw nothing..I need to write one too, would be good to see an example from a successful application

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Pm me with your email and I will send you a sample of one

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Yea I got the same reaction from my council and estate agents when I asked them about house inspection survey.
What's EPC? and how do you get floor plans, etc?

Also, any other tips you can give?

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:41 pm

batleykhan wrote: Do I need to have letters from friends and relatives saying they know us and we are married?

how can you say not required here? many an application has been refused due to the assessor not thinking the relationship is genuine..how else can they know?

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:45 pm

ibzo wrote:Thanks for the replies.
Yea I got the same reaction from my council and estate agents when I asked them about house inspection survey.
What's EPC? and how do you get floor plans, etc?

Also, any other tips you can give?
EPC is an energy performance certificate, it's sort of an energy efficiency assessment of the house but touches on a few areas such as overall size, walls etc...sometimes they throw in room measurements for free, with that laser device...I then used these to draw plans of the house using a software app, home architect studio...they looked pretty good

I threw in some photos of the rooms to boot...

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:06 pm

jimmurray wrote:
batleykhan wrote: Do I need to have letters from friends and relatives saying they know us and we are married?

how can you say not required here? many an application has been refused due to the assessor not thinking the relationship is genuine..how else can they know?
This is just only one of many ways to attempt to prove the relationship is genuine. Letters can indeed add to the evidence but they are not a standard requirement.