ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is this you must earn 18k minimum law coming into play?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmurray
BANNED

When is this you must earn 18k minimum law coming into play?

Post by jimmurray » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Is there a minimum right now?

Last year I took 16k salary (after tax). This would be equivalent to someone on maybe 19-20k permanent position (before tax).

However I did have more dividends available to me, which I did not take, and if needed I can also take out directors loans from the company. How do I explain that I only took a small salary because that's all I needed, and I can actually have more if needed.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:37 pm

the 'law' is only a proposal at the moment. UKBA are expected to make an annoucement later this week.

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Greenie wrote:the 'law' is only a proposal at the moment. UKBA are expected to make an annoucement later this week.
I understand it is 18k-25k now...how repulsive...only the rich get to enjoy a family life..if this goes ahead riots will ensue Im pretty sure

aysie

Post by aysie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:44 pm

as far as i am aware this comes to effect from april, and is 18k for a spouse and 25k for spouse and a child

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:02 pm

aysie wrote:as far as i am aware this comes to effect from april, and is 18k for a spouse and 25k for spouse and a child
There has been no formal announcement of changes to the family settlement system yet following the consultation.