ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:50 pm

nazia sis??...hes failed?? or did u mean IF he fails the test?? :shock:

oh ok thx smalfamily..:)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:52 pm

He failed. The principal emailed me and top me him and another boy failed because they remained quite on most of the questions but hubby tried his best. Hubby said it was way too hard for him.

General30

Post by General30 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 pm

*Nazia wrote:He failed. The principal emailed me and top me him and another boy failed because they remained quite on most of the questions but hubby tried his best. Hubby said it was way too hard for him.
When my wife did the test last year I sent her to a college in Lahore were she stayed for three weeks and prepared for the test with the tutors I had to pay them 100000 rupees and she gave the test when she was ready to give it even though my wife has a 2 degrees I still sent her there to prepare and alhamdulilah she got 100% they only tell u to take the test when you are ready but that was in may 2010 I know the test has changed now but I'm sure there are colleges where that help you prepare in advance
Hope this helps
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:27 pm

General30 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:He failed. The principal emailed me and top me him and another boy failed because they remained quite on most of the questions but hubby tried his best. Hubby said it was way too hard for him.
When my wife did the test last year I sent her to a college in Lahore were she stayed for three weeks and prepared for the test with the tutors I had to pay them 100000 rupees and she gave the test when she was ready to give it even though my wife has a 2 degrees I still sent her there to prepare and alhamdulilah she got 100% they only tell u to take the test when you are ready but that was in may 2010 I know the test has changed now but I'm sure there are colleges where that help you prepare in advance
Hope this helps[/quote

That was the same process for my hubby, SLS College Jhelum has a 100% pass rate too, they have made it harder now. I have absolutely noidea what is going to happen now as I prayed so much for him that he passes and I really thought he would pass it because everyone else managed to pass first time round. Everything happens for a reason, perhaps it was meant to be but it was very heartbreaking as I haven't stopped crying about it.

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:48 pm

*Nazia wrote:
General30 wrote:
Hope this helps[/quote

That was the same process for my hubby, SLS College Jhelum has a 100% pass rate too, they have made it harder now. I have absolutely noidea what is going to happen now as I prayed so much for him that he passes and I really thought he would pass it because everyone else managed to pass first time round. Everything happens for a reason, perhaps it was meant to be but it was very heartbreaking as I haven't stopped crying about it.

He just has to keep on trying sis.

My wife had a test with TOEIC in december, failed speaking part and pasted on the listening.

She re-took that and trust me sis she panicked alot and felt like just giving up because it aint that easy. Lots of paragraphs to memorise for the questions asked. Just waiting for her results now. She was meant to get them today but theres been a delay. She took test few weeks ago.

When giving up nothing is acheived but when you keep on trying there is always a possibility of a positive outcome.

Have faith! Like you said there is always a reason.. When my wife failed one section in december i was annoyed aswel. But what could we do, just have to keep on trying.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:18 pm

shade00 wrote: He just has to keep on trying sis.

My wife had a test with TOEIC in december, failed speaking part and pasted on the listening.

She re-took that and trust me sis she panicked alot and felt like just giving up because it aint that easy. Lots of paragraphs to memorise for the questions asked. Just waiting for her results now. She was meant to get them today but theres been a delay. She took test few weeks ago.
Similar happened with my wife. First time she passed the listening part and not the speaking part. 2nd time she did just the speaking part of the test and passed. The separately dated certificates were accepted by UKBA as she got her visa last week!
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:22 pm

enigma321 wrote:
shade00 wrote: He just has to keep on trying sis.

Similar happened with my wife. First time she passed the listening part and not the speaking part. 2nd time she did just the speaking part of the test and passed. The separately dated certificates were accepted by UKBA as she got her visa last week!
Thats good Alhumdulilah. At first i thought both certificates have to be dated at the same time but no its no the case.

What did your wife get for both tests?

Listening is 60 and speaking 50 i think

Speaking is the hardest part, alot of students pass listening.
Makes me ponder how they do the marking on the computer. I think its all recorded on the system and an examiner listens to the answers.

I just pray my wife passes the second part, results on the way next week!.
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:44 pm

shade00 wrote: Thats good Alhumdulilah. At first i thought both certificates have to be dated at the same time but no its no the case.

What did your wife get for both tests?

Listening is 60 and speaking 50 i think

Speaking is the hardest part, alot of students pass listening.
Makes me ponder how they do the marking on the computer. I think its all recorded on the system and an examiner listens to the answers.

I just pray my wife passes the second part, results on the way next week!.
I think it was something like 70 in listening and 60 in speaking. The first test she got 45 in speaking. After the first test she was more prepared though. There is plenty of listening practise material on the internet but not much speaking stuff.

Its perfectly plausible that the test are on different days because there is the ability to take the parts separately.
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 pm

shade00 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
General30 wrote:
Hope this helps[/quote

Thanks for the kind words Bro, I havent given up at all, I have faith in Allah that one day we will be re-united and never have to bear the seperation again insha'Allah

He passed the listening and failed the speaking, have you got any samples of the questions asked for the speaking?

He just has to keep on trying sis.

When giving up nothing is acheived but when you keep on trying there is always a possibility of a positive outcome.

Have faith! Like you said there is always a reason.. When my wife failed one section in december i was annoyed aswel. But what could we do, just have to keep on trying.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 pm

@ shade00

Thanks for the kind words Bro, I havent given up at all, I have faith in Allah that one day we will be re-united and never have to bear the seperation again insha'Allah

henna786

Post by henna786 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:34 pm

*Nazia wrote:@ shade00

have faith sis trust me with praying anything can happen:)
judai is really stressing and keep on waiting i know how u r feeling
its been a month today since i gave my visa in and no ans :(

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:32 am

Inshallah :-)

Tbh this phase that we are going through defines what type of people we are. Alhumdulilah we are strong and we will get through this.

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:49 am

henna786 wrote:

A month is 1/3 of way yet. You will get response soon Inshallah!

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

henna786

Post by henna786 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:51 am

shade00 wrote:
henna786 wrote:

yeh, but its the wait thought might get a reply in 26-30 days like my cuz did but o well i see when i get a reply lol

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 am

henna786 wrote:
shade00 wrote:
henna786 wrote:

yeh, but its the wait thought might get a reply in 26-30 days like my cuz did but o well i see when i get a reply lol

It all depends on the ECO, Paperwork etc..

Some people do get swift replies within 2-4 weeks.

Some between 6-8 while the typical reply is between 8-12 weeks.

Don't worry you will get a positive response Inshallah!

Keep us all in the Duas. :-)

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

Thrillseeker
Newly Registered

Post by Thrillseeker » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Are there any December applicants still waiting?

henna786

Post by henna786 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:24 pm

shade00 wrote:
henna786 wrote:
shade00 wrote:
henna786 wrote:

It all depends on the ECO, Paperwork etc..

Some people do get swift replies within 2-4 weeks.

Some between 6-8 while the typical reply is between 8-12 weeks.

Don't worry you will get a positive response Inshallah!

Keep us all in the Duas. :-)
THanks for letting me know :) hopefully i see when i get a reply its been 4weeks lol,inshallah we all just can pray

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:28 pm

@Thrillseeker Yep thier are 3 or 4 december applicants still waiting
Have u applied 4 ur wifes visa if yes plz let us know where abouts its progressed to.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

abman51
Newly Registered

Post by abman51 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:27 pm

How long till after you recieve a 'call letter/text/e-mail' do you expect to get a visa stamped in the passport and returned to you?

hatewaiting86
Newly Registered

Post by hatewaiting86 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi guys,
We applied for my wife's Visa on 20/12/2011 at islamabad. It is now nearly 8 weeks and we still haven't heard anything. I have been checking online application update since we applied and it still says application forwarded to islamabad OC on 20/12/2011..... Also my wife didnt opt for sms update service(big mistake). My question is that will the online tracker only update if you have opted for sms update or does it not matter? I have also notice some of the guys have applied in december and within 4 weeks there online status has been updated to being process? Please advice as i have started to get slightly worried.

Thanks

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:41 pm

hatewaiting86 wrote:Hi guys,
We applied for my wife's Visa on 20/12/2011 at islamabad. It is now nearly 8 weeks and we still haven't heard anything. I have been checking online application update since we applied and it still says application forwarded to islamabad OC on 20/12/2011..... Also my wife didnt opt for sms update service(big mistake). My question is that will the online tracker only update if you have opted for sms update or does it not matter? I have also notice some of the guys have applied in december and within 4 weeks there online status has been updated to being process? Please advice as i have started to get slightly worried.

Thanks
No the online tracker status will change whenever there is an update. Text message service is the same thing just an another way to update you. No different from the online tracker so don't worry. Good Luck!
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:43 pm

abman51 wrote:How long till after you recieve a 'call letter/text/e-mail' do you expect to get a visa stamped in the passport and returned to you?
You could expect to wait up to 28 days. Good Luck!
Allah is the greatest!

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:04 am

Nazia Sis, dont worry inshAllah it will all work out, just have faith and hang in there....Our duas are also with you.

....ALHUMDHULILA!...My husband has collected his passport today and he has been granted his visa thanks to God.....Yipppeeeee :-)
However the valid date on the visa is a few weeks from now so i urge everyone to check the dates upon getting the visa before booking ticket...

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 am

the last week"s been pretty quiet not much news for december applicants:(
visa-grante:25.10.12

rihsabramo

Post by rihsabramo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:05 am

How long does it take to get your IELTS results? We were told 2 weeks but it's been longer than that and still waiting!!