ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for wife : I have no job but is my fund sufficient ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pkreli
Newly Registered

Visa for wife : I have no job but is my fund sufficient ?

Post by pkreli » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:01 am

Please bear with me for my long post. Here are my facts :

I am a British citizen, moved to the UK recently, looking for jobs, but still unemployed

Want to apply for spouse visa for my wife before April

We have three children, all British citizens, two already in UK with me, one still with my wife

Two children who are already in UK already receiving child benefit

Wife's cousins who are well settled in UK, are ready to provide 3rd party support letters, accommodation

We will have around 20K UKP in joint account transferred from sale of property in wife's country

Wife has steady job for last two years

Now the questions :

Will the fact that all three children are already British citizen and only wife needs visa have any impact on funds requirement ?

Will the finance of around 20K (recently transferred amount) and 3rd party support be enough for my family of 5 when I have no present job ?

Will the lump sump amount only recently transffered from a 3rd world country look suspicious ?

Is it a good idea for me to return back to apply for the visa ? (Want to try for the direct ILE for wife due to long married life and living together, I understand both must be together at the time of application for this kind of visa).

Thanks for reading so far !

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:41 am

Last edited by vinny on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pkreli
Newly Registered

Post by pkreli » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:47 am

I'm afraid not. What I meant was to request / apply for KOL REQ endorsement so she can apply ILR as soon as she passed the required exam, without having to wait for two years.
vinny wrote:Has she she satisfied KOL?

pkreli
Newly Registered

Post by pkreli » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you Vinny for the links. Seems like applying for KOL REQ might be counterproductive in calculation of whether the available fund is sufficient.

Also I am deeply worried whether the source of funds will be in question for fund obtained from wife's home country.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:37 pm

pkreli wrote:Thank you Vinny for the links. Seems like applying for KOL REQ might be counterproductive in calculation of whether the available fund is sufficient.

Also I am deeply worried whether the source of funds will be in question for fund obtained from wife's home country.
applying for KOL REQ should make no difference to the funds you need to show as the length of leave granted will be the same (27 months). In relation to your question in your first post - the fact that your children are British doesn't make a difference to the amount you will need to show, however, you will be able to rely on additional income that you will recieve in tax credits and child benefit for the child still with your wife as part of your income.

jimmurray
BANNED

Re: Visa for wife : I have no job but is my fund sufficient

Post by jimmurray » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 pm

pkreli wrote: Will the lump sump amount only recently transffered from a 3rd world country look suspicious ?
of course it will...so make sure to provide them with documentation of where it came from

huge sums of money before application are a bad idea