ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR 5yr documents requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hass

HSMP JR 5yr documents requirement

Post by hass » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Hello All,

Due to apply for ILR in couple of days so organizing documents that would be required. I am making a postal application.

My queries are:

1. Do I need to show P60 for last 5 years. I have all p60s for 4 years, not have for 1 year as I have not been working and looking for jobs. Have not taken any support from public funds during that time. Is there any alternative that I should show being HSMP JR applying for ILR?

2. Cohabitation documents? I had my initial HSMP then extension with my spouse do I still need to show any sort of proof?

3. Is it better to go to PEO instead of postal? any benifits?

Regards

ashubhatt

Post by ashubhatt » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Hass,

Which year were you not working?

I thought as part of the application you need to show that you have sufficent funds, you make enough money(wages). Basically its same as scoring points like for Tier 1 application?

hass

Post by hass » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi,

It is 2years back. I am in full time since last 2 years. For HSMP Judicial Review its only the economic activity that needs to be shown and no recourse to public funds.
Regards

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP JR 5yr documents requirement

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:18 am

hass wrote:Hello All,

Due to apply for ILR in couple of days so organizing documents that would be required. I am making a postal application.

My queries are:

1. Do I need to show P60 for last 5 years. I have all p60s for 4 years, not have for 1 year as I have not been working and looking for jobs. Have not taken any support from public funds during that time. Is there any alternative that I should show being HSMP JR applying for ILR?

Ans No . No need to seek alternative, you are covered by JR is evident from your dates

2. Cohabitation documents? I had my initial HSMP then extension with my spouse do I still need to show any sort of proof?

Ans Yes still you need to show cohabitation documents

3. Is it better to go to PEO instead of postal? any benifits?

Ans Yes, my opinion, you can answer small queries by case worker, same day decision leaving you tension free for next 3 months. But you need to pay the price for it. Choice is yours

Regards

hass

Post by hass » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks Khalid,

Further please could you clarify:

Should I only include my P60s, payslips for last 2 years to qualify, or include for 4 years and tell them why I dont have for the year not working? Is it better to ask HMRC to provide my tax statement for last 5 years, I am not sure if they can provide it.

What sort of cohabitaiton proof need to show? The proofs I have are, Her bank statemetn showing her name living at the same address? council tax on joint name? Utility bills on joint name, tenency agreement on joint name, driving licence and my own country ID card

Regards

ashubhatt

Post by ashubhatt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Hass

Just wondering do you qualify with 75 or 80 points for ILR application?

hass

Post by hass » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Ashubhatt,

I am covered by HSMP JR and ILR, so dont need to score points.

Regards

ashubhatt

Post by ashubhatt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Hass,

Can you please shed some light, I want to see if I qualify for HSMP.

I'm soon going to finish 5 years (2 WP + 3 Tier1), I read following on a website

[From 6th April 2011, the UK Border Agency has also specifically changed the process for any Tier 1, Tier 2 or Work Permit visa holder’s applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Changes affecting Tier 1 visa holders:

As an overview, any Tier 1 (General) clients applying for ILR will now have to satisfy the same points requirement they needed to qualify for their Tier 1 extension (i.e. 75 points if you got your first HSMP/Tier 1 visa before 6th April 2010 or 80 points if after). Effectively, they have combined your Tier 1 extension (yes, another one!) with the ILR process so you MUST make sure that your earnings are high enough in the last 12 months to now qualify for ILR]

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:36 pm

hass wrote:Thanks Khalid,

Further please could you clarify:

Should I only include my P60s, payslips for last 2 years to qualify, or include for 4 years and tell them why I dont have for the year not working? Is it better to ask HMRC to provide my tax statement for last 5 years, I am not sure if they can provide it.

Pay slips for 3 to 6 months, four P60, cover letter to explain missing P60(just keep it unless asked for+ bank statement or sources of your income to meet the expanses when you were not working).

What sort of cohabitaiton proof need to show? The proofs I have are, Her bank statemetn showing her name living at the same address? council tax on joint name? Utility bills on joint name, tenency agreement on joint name, driving licence and my own country ID card

Documents you mentioned are more than sufficient

Regards

hass

Post by hass » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Thanks Khalid,

I have checked and not have the paper statements that old, but I can ask bank to issue me a letter showing I had funds prior to that period that covered me during I was looking.
In this case should I ask HMRC to issue me a statment to confirm I have not taken any money from public funds?

Is this important provided I have 4year p60s that enough to show economic activity?

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:43 pm

I have checked and not have the paper statements that old, but I can ask bank to issue me a letter showing I had funds prior to that period that covered me during I was looking.
In this case should I ask HMRC to issue me a statment to confirm I have not taken any money from public funds?

Is this important provided I have 4year p60s that enough to show economic activity?
HMRC statement is only required if you misplace P60s. Hmrc history does not show if you have claimed public funds. Your bank statement for that period when you were not employed is more important. Case workers can check on their computer if you have claimed public funds

hass

Post by hass » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks Khalid,

I will ask bank to retreive that statements, I have checked there is normally a charge for it. Do I need to send these statements along with the ILR application describing the purpose? or keep ready in case they ask for it?

hass

Post by hass » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:25 pm

I will ask bank to retreive that statements, I have checked there is normally a charge for it. Do I need to send these statements along with the ILR application describing the purpose? or keep ready in case they ask for it?
In addition to this I have read a post in this forum that full 5 years p60s are not a required document as mentioned in the application form or guidance notes for HSMP JR and HSMP JR ILR (5years). I have gone through the guiadance notes and application form and it has not mentioned to include p60s. I understand its better to provide rather to be asked by them. Please can you proivide guidance as what documents they are looking for ILR cases under HSMP JR ILR (5years).

Regards

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:56 am

hass wrote:

In addition to this I have read a post in this forum that full 5 years p60s are not a required document as mentioned in the application form or guidance notes for HSMP JR and HSMP JR ILR (5years). I have gone through the guiadance notes and application form and it has not mentioned to include p60s. I understand its better to provide rather to be asked by them. Please can you proivide guidance as what documents they are looking for ILR cases under HSMP JR ILR (5years).

Regards

Documents
1) HSMP intitial approval letter
2) Extension letter which states your case was considered under JR or high court judgement
3) P 60s preferably 5 years or as many as possible (One of the requirement is to prove that you have been able to support yourself without public funds. P60 or HMRC history proves that)
4) Last 3 months payslips
5) Last 3 months bank statements
6) Employer letter
7) Cohabitation proof for spouse
8) Bank statement for one year during unemployment keep ready and submit only if asked for
9) Though not necessary, if you have any previous employers letter/contracts, it will be preferable to have if asked for

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:34 pm

khalidmirza wrote: 6) Employer letter

9) Though not necessary, if you have any previous employers letter/contracts, it will be preferable to have if asked for
Hi khalidmirza,

Do we need to get letter from previous employer or would it be enough to have current employer letter?

I have P45 when I left and some weekly paid payslips for the previous employement - I can find only 3 payslips in different weeks. Also I have handbook of previous employer (I have worked only 5 months with the previous employment and worked for 4 years and 3 months with current employer), so would it be enough to have these or do I still need letter from previous employer?

Thanks in advance.
suni

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:17 am

Sunimal02 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote: 6) Employer letter

Hi khalidmirza,

Do we need to get letter from previous employer or would it be enough to have current employer letter?

I have P45 when I left and some weekly paid payslips for the previous employement - I can find only 3 payslips in different weeks. Also I have handbook of previous employer (I have worked only 5 months with the previous employment and worked for 4 years and 3 months with current employer), so would it be enough to have these or do I still need letter from previous employer?

Thanks in advance.
suni
In this case it is OK since you worked more than 4 years with this employer. My suggestion is directed to those who have worked many different employers. You are perfectly OK. No need for previous employer letter. You are fine, Best of luck

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:38 am

khalidmirza wrote: In this case it is OK since you worked more than 4 years with this employer. My suggestion is directed to those who have worked many different employers. You are perfectly OK. No need for previous employer letter. You are fine, Best of luck
Many thanks khalidmirza. Much appreciated your help.