ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child accompanied to UK ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pulse1

child accompanied to UK ?

Post by pulse1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:15 am

Hi

In the visa application form (applying for visa of a child) there is a question of who will accompany the child to UK. We can give names of upto 2 adults. I plan to give name of my wife and her mother.

My question is - Will both the adults have to travel with the child at all times or anyone of them is ok?

thanks for your help in advance

regards

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:37 am

you have posted in the ILR section so it is not clear what visa you are applying for .
A visit visa will have the names of the 2 adults on the visa and the child must travel with one or the other.
For dependant visa the name of the sponsoring parent is on the visa but the do not have to travel with the child , however the person who travels with the child should carry a letter giving parental consent to travel with that person .
the application forms ask who the child will travel with and this will be recorded so if things change the person will need to carry parental consent
Last edited by pennylessinindia on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pennyless

pulse1

Post by pulse1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:41 am

I will apply for child settlement visa. I have ILR and my wife has FLR (m). My son was born in uk but I dont want to apply for MN1 and british citizenship from India. Instead - I want to apply for child settlement visa. Link for form is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ying-visa/

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:25 pm

If your mother in law is going to travel with your child she will also need to apply for a visa. It would be easier if you stuck to your original thread.

pulse1

Post by pulse1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:32 pm

thanks

We will apply for Grandmothers visa. First we are applying for our son. This is because we have seen visa wait times and looks like it will take three - six months for his visa to come through.

To us it does not make sense to apply for grandmom together because if it takes six months for his visa to come - grandmoms visa will be invalid

I hope it is not required that we apply for their visa together