ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - payment by banker's draft

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

ILR application - payment by banker's draft

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:01 am

Hi

I got ILR appointment very soon at Solihull PEO. Just want to check if some one paid by HSBC or Halifax Banker's draft. There were a post where Croydon rejected Loyds TSB bankers draft.

thanks

dev_0891
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application - payment by banker's draft

Post by dev_0891 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 am

jinkazama_11 wrote:Hi

I got ILR appointment very soon at Solihull PEO. Just want to check if some one paid by HSBC or Halifax Banker's draft. There were a post where Croydon rejected Loyds TSB bankers draft.

thanks

Thats fine, I also submitted a HSBC bankers draft and it went through, although my application is held by them for further enquiry but they didn't have any problem with bankers draft, also for your information i had submitted my application through a solicitor but i don't think it will make any difference in regard to the acceptance of bankers draft by UKBA.

good luck

mai12
Newly Registered

set(m)

Post by mai12 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:09 am

i applied ilr set m in oct2010 and received letter from ukba,that they received application,but its now more than 3 months no reply from them,we both have full time job no public fund,why it taking so long time,even our mp send letter of support with application,can any body please give me email or other contact for progress of my application,thanks so much

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:33 am

dev_0891 wrote:

thanks

Thats fine, I also submitted a HSBC bankers draft and it went through, although my application is held by them for further enquiry but they didn't have any problem with bankers draft, also for your information i had submitted my application through a solicitor but i don't think it will make any difference in regard to the acceptance of bankers draft by UKBA.

good luck
Thank you very much for your feedback, i will pay by hsbc banker's draft.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:11 pm

dev_0891 wrote:

thanks

good luck
another quick question. did u apply at Solihull and were you allowed to take your mobile phone with you?

thanks

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:01 pm

I applied in Croydon this week with an HSBC Bankers Draft and it was accepted.

I took my mobile phone, Kindle and IPAD. All were allowed in.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Panesar wrote:I applied in Croydon this week with an HSBC Bankers Draft and it was accepted.

I took my mobile phone, Kindle and IPAD. All were allowed in.
Thanks for your feedback.

m.j

Post by m.j » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 pm

HSBC Banker Draft is accepted, but I would suggest paying by debit card if you are going yourself.

chrams

Post by chrams » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 am

Hello there,
That's me, my Lloyds TSB Banker's draft was not accepted by UKBA at the Festive season (on 22/12/11) to show a silly reason that it's not look like a standard Banker's Draft.
But later on 4th Jan 2012 the same draft was accepted.

I would say thre would be no problem, unless if you are going to see a lazy UKBA accounts team in Croydon.

If they have any issues with the draft, they could simply check with the banker.
More over i have applied through a solicitor and so I had not the opportunity to aruge with the Croydon lazy guys. Later my ILR is approved.

For more info, go through my postings

All the best
Chrams

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 pm

m.j wrote:HSBC Banker Draft is accepted, but I would suggest paying by debit card if you are going yourself.
I have to pay £2025 and bank keep saying they can not guarantee if the transaction will go through and they might ring me to confirm the transaction. I am trying to avoid issues at the time of appointment. If they dont accept the draft i will try to pay by debit card.

thanks for your reply.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 pm

chrams wrote:Hello there,
That's me, my Lloyds TSB Banker's draft was not accepted by UKBA at the Festive season (on 22/12/11) to show a silly reason that it's not look like a standard Banker's Draft.
But later on 4th Jan 2012 the same draft was accepted.

I would say thre would be no problem, unless if you are going to see a lazy UKBA accounts team in Croydon.

If they have any issues with the draft, they could simply check with the banker.
More over i have applied through a solicitor and so I had not the opportunity to aruge with the Croydon lazy guys. Later my ILR is approved.

For more info, go through my postings

All the best
Chrams
Chrams thank you very much for your detailed reply. I am going to Solihull PEO and i hope they will accept the draft. I will ask bank to give me a letter with the draft.

Thanks agian

mohd24
Newly Registered

Post by mohd24 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:17 pm

BEST OF LUCK !!!jinkazama_11 for your appt. can u let us know how Sollihull PEO processes the application.Do we need to pay the fee after the caseworker (not desk officers at front) decides on ur application.or we need to pay fee before like croydon PEO.
Thanks

GD78

Post by GD78 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:00 pm

For those of you who used an HSBC bankers draft...did you have to fill out a form called an 'Inland Draft'? Did you have to supply 2 forms of ID upon collection?

I've asked several HSBC branches on their charges and they all are different...from £15 in one branch to being quoted £30 at another...how much did you guys pay?