ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some urgent advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

welsh lady
Newly Registered

Some urgent advice needed

Post by welsh lady » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:51 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, although I have been looking at the excellent advice the moderators offer on here for some weeks now. I was just wondering if anyone could possible answer some of my queuries regarding my husband.

I am a British national and my husband is Egyptian.We got married in Egypt in July(which was approved via the British Embassy) and are expecting our first baby in just over 3 weeks. My husband applied for a visa settlement at the British Embassy in Cairo(Spouse visa) and after an interview, was rejected. However,we launched an appeal and I submitted everything on his behalf to the AIT here. All documentation was sent back to Cairo and yesterday we were given the wodnerful news that the entry clerance officer has overturned this decision and granted him his visa. Obivously, this is wonderful news and we are delighted about this. It has caused such turmoil to us and has been such an unimaginable cause of upset. Both of us were shocked because we had anticipated from what we had been told a lengthy appeal.It is simply wonderful news and makes such a difference, espeically since our baby is due so soon.It broke me as a perosn and him too on the sheer prosepct that it was likely he would not be here for the brith so it is such a wonderful turnaround that he will hoeopfulyl be ehre to share such a special time in our lives.

My questions though are directed towards his return to the UK. Both myself and my husband are anxious that even though he will be issued with a valid visa sttelement, because it is stamped in his passport he was refused a few weeks ago-will they probe him too much and give him a hard time? Obviously, the British embassy are clearly satisfied with him but we don't want the terrible situation of him being quizzed all over again on arrival to a UK airport, as his English is somewhat limited-despite having stayed here for a while in the UK.Also, I am not sure if he is required to show anymore documentation at the airport. The problem we have is everything we had went off to the AIT which is now in Cairo's possession. I have the photocopies of everything but my husband does not-since I launched the appeal for him.I am just wondering if I was also at the airport to meet him with my parents, would they accept seeing any documentation at the airport to allow entry or would it be best to fax off some documentation to him now, so that he has some in his possession? I anticipate that would be the preferred option but being completely naive to the immigration process, what kind of documents would be needed or would his settlement visa attatched to his passport be enough? I would be really grateful fo some guidance in this matter. It is hoped that he can return sometime next week, since it will soon be holiday time in Egypt, once Ramadan finishes. My husband has been visiting his brother in Dubai for the last 2 weeks and cannot get a flight back to Egypt until Saturday(he has been desperately trying to get one but that is the earliest he can travel) and will be picking his visa up on Sunday. The embassy are fully aware of this as we have informed yesterday and today-we are desperate not to let anything jeopardise this decision!

I am sorry for the length of my post but I really don't want anything to go wrong and this means so much to us both. We really have had a terrible time over the last few weeks and are desperate to be reuinted as a family again-especially since we will have our baby arrivng very shortly.

Mnay thanks and apologies ocne again for such a lengthy post.I just hope that one of you kind people can offer such much needed advice as you all seem so knowledgeable. . Even though the decision has been overturned, I have not slept all night worrying and I know he feels the same too.

Thanks again,

Welsh Lady

waiting_spouse
Newly Registered

Post by waiting_spouse » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:49 pm

Hi Lady,
I'm not a moderator, but im speaking from experience.

I was considered an illegal entrant and this was made prominent by a stamp in my passport when i went back to my home country.

I successfully got my spouse visa, and upon arrival to the UK, i had no problems going thru the customs. However, I did try to bring watever docs I think would be necessary just in case. I travelled with my then 1.5yr old son, who is British.

Congrats and hope you're reunited happily wif your hubby soon! Good Luck!

Abiola
Newly Registered

Post by Abiola » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:13 am

You have nothing to worry about.
My husband's application was refused twice and stamped twice before he was eventually given a visa.
He was not questioned at Heathrow.