ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contract with umbrella company. What is acual pay to show

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tima
Newly Registered

Contract with umbrella company. What is acual pay to show

Post by tima » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi,
I am planning to apply for Tier1 extension . and I have contracted through umbrella company. I am confused what is acutal amount of earning I can highlight for visa purpose.

I have many items in pay slip. One is Time invoice value received which is high and including this only can make my application sucessfull and other is Taxable pay which is less and and if UKBA consider this than my application will fail to meet salary requirement.

Please suggest what is right component to highlight as actual pay for visa purpose.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Taxable pay.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:04 pm

You need to show your gross salary (suppose you are earing 340 per day then weekly its 1700 so 1700 is your gross salary).

tima
Newly Registered

Post by tima » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm

params0073 wrote:You need to show your gross salary (suppose you a re earing 340 per day then weekly its 1700 so 1700 is your gross salary).
Hi Members,
Thanks for prompt replies on my query. For my confirmation I am adding additional detail please have a look once and tell Is it 1 or 4 in the below list. Sorry for putting it again but If it comes out to 1 then only I can stay more in UK.

1. Time invoice value received: A (no. of hours * contract rate)

2. Administration cost : B

3. Employer's NI (National Insurance) : C

4. Taxable pay : D (equals to A - B - C)

5. PAYE tax : E

6. Employee's NI : F

7. Net monthly pay : G ( equals to D - E - F)

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

I showed my salary (1700/ week) as I was a contractor through a umbrella company so you dont need to worry about any thing if you are contracting through umbrella company.
So what i mean here is contract rate (per day)* 5(weekly) =gross/week
i.e 340(per day)*5 =1700

Hope this helps.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 am

4 not 1.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 am

Yes it's 4.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

UKVISAIMG
Newly Registered

Post by UKVISAIMG » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:33 am

As you are a employee of the Umbrella company.
your gross salary is 'D' on which you can claim the points safely.

Taxable pay : D (equals to A - B - C)

And your Net Pay 'G' should match with your bank account statements.

Hope this helps!

melrose
Newly Registered

umbrella Gross Earnings problem

Post by melrose » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi all,
I am in a similar position as to the post above and was wondering if anyone Hs experienced this and has clarity on how I can get the points that I need?
I am wanting to apply for an extension to my Tier 1 General visa however have encountered a problem in terms of the points based system and the need to show both gross and net salary as I am paid through an umbrella company as an agency worker.
Umbrella companies make a number of deductions and calculations on the money in order for me to end up with more money in my bank account. However these ‘playing with the figures’ means my gross salary is much less than what I expected it to be and so I receive less points than I need in order to meet the criteria for an extension.
I am also aware that expenses are not considered part of your salary.
As a result, my net is significantly more than my gross earnings. Expenses include travel, subsistence, rent, training. Can anyone please explain above calculation as far as immigration solicitors are concerned my gross earnings would remain gross income = invoice amount – all deductions (also includes fees from the umbrella company).
I hope we can discuss this and find a solution to this problem

corby
Newly Registered

Previous earnings

Post by corby » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi to all,

I got very confused today:(

I just read the posts that we should consider taxable pay while calculating our previous earnings if we have been working through an umbrella company.

I worked through an umbrella company for 4 months. Then I switched to a permanent (full-time) position with the same client. I worked 5 months. After that I started to work for an other client through an umbrella company again.

How can calculate my gross earnings,
- for the time I worked through an umbrella company (gross payments or taxable payments)
- for the time I worked permanent (gross payments or taxable payments)

Thanks in advance,
Corby