ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swpn009
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension earnings

Post by swpn009 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 am

Hi All,

I am on tier1 visa.I have a question regarding my earnings. I am a contract employee and I am working through an umbrella company. I should get 22000 per annum to be eligible for extension. I thought I am getting a lot more and was worry free, but recently I realized that the expenses are not considered as part of salary. So I am bit worried now.

My weekly Payslip looks like this:

Basic Pay : 228
Commission : 456
Holiday Pay : 99
Gross total Pay : 783

Deductions:
PAYE 127
NI 77
Deductions total 204

Expenses:
Mileage :60
Other Expenses : 50
Employment Income: 893

Take home Pay : 689.

My question is can commission and holiday pay along with basic pay can be considered as earnings for my extension? I know I cannot claim expenses, so from the above payslip if I can claim 783 for my extension I would be in safe zone, if only 228 (basic pay) is only considered, then I am in trouble. Please help.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swapna.

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:16 am

For your weekly pay given below tax is deducted for th full 783 pounds.So that means this full earning 783 can be included as earnings.

Basic Pay : 228
Commission : 456
Holiday Pay : 99
Gross total Pay : 783

Refer for tax calculations: http://listentotaxman.com/index.php

Thanks,
Mani

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks a ton Mani, I am a lot relieved now :)

melrose
Newly Registered

Post by melrose » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi all,

I am in a similar position as to the post above and was wondering if anyone Hs experienced this and has clarity on how I can get the points that I need?
I am wanting to apply for an extension to my Tier 1 General visa however have encountered a problem in terms of the points based system and the need to show both gross and net salary as I am paid through an umbrella company as an agency worker.

Umbrella companies make a number of deductions and calculations on the money in order for me to end up with more money in my bank account. However these ‘playing with the figures’ means my gross salary is much less than what I expected it to be and so I receive less points than I need in order to meet the criteria for an extension.

I am also aware that expenses are not considered part of your salary.
As a result, my net is significantly more than my gross earnings. Expenses include travel, subsistence, rent, training.

Can anyone please explain above calculation as far as immigration solicitors are concerned my gross earnings would remain gross income = invoice amount – all deductions (also includes fees from the umbrella company).

I hope we can discuss this and find a solution to this problem

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 am

Hi Melrose,

I also keep getting lot of questions in my mind; my pay varies every week based on the expenses i submit.

I would recommend consulting a consultancy to do everything for you and verify twice before you file your visa. We aint no experts…I know it no rocket science, but the more we keep exploring the more question we get and more confused we are! (at least from my experience :D ).

I will share my visa experience in the same space, when are you planning to go for your visa?

My Ext is due in next feb, but I am planning to for my ext around Nov.