ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help-Apply for Tier 1 Ext. and then for ILR or viceversa?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ntp1123
Newly Registered

Help-Apply for Tier 1 Ext. and then for ILR or viceversa?

Post by ntp1123 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 am

Hi all,

I wanted to get some advise on my application for ILR. My case is complicated, however, I still feel that I would like to go to the PEO for the application. They may decide to keep the passport with them and give the decision later.
Now, my current visa which is Tier 1 (General) is expiring by 5th May 2012. I have 3 dependants on the Tier 1 visa. None of my dependants are applying for the ILR along with my application.
Questions:
1.What happens to me after 5th of May if my passport with ILR application is still with HO?
2. What should I do for my dependants in this case? Should they apply for extension on Tier 1 (General)?

Thanks and regards
NTP

ntp1123
Newly Registered

Post by ntp1123 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Please advise

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:14 pm

1)Your status is legal whiel your passport with HO
2)If you don't include your Dependents with your ILR then their status after 5th may will be expired

So first it is better to apply for your Tier1 extension with your family ( you can apply 3-4 months before your expiry) aftr that you can try for ILR.if your ILR takes more time also it wont be any problem for your dependents.

Hope this helps you