ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Biomertic

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Keyrun

ILR and Biomertic

Post by Keyrun » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello,

I have never had my biometric done before. Do I have to get it done before I apply for my ILR ?

Also, can I get a PEO appointment before actually finishing my Life in the UK exam.

Could someone help with info please.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Kiran

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:24 pm

When biometrics for ILR are introduced, you don’t need to book a separate appointment for them.

If you are going for same day service, your biometrics will be taken on the same day and your ILR card will be posted to you in few days.

If you are applying by post, you will be asked to make an appointment to one of the PEOs or designated Post Offices to enrol your biometrics (same as the people on student visas do at the moment).

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks Linkers for the information. Appreciate it.

babysofea

Post by babysofea » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 am

linkers wrote:When biometrics for ILR are introduced, you don’t need to book a separate appointment for them.

If you are going for same day service, your biometrics will be taken on the same day and your ILR card will be posted to you in few days.
do you know when this is effective off?
if you already have a biometric card, when applying Ilr do you have to do it again?
I phone UKBA about something else but I also ask about ILR on biometric. The lady on the phone just laugh and said that UKBA has not release such info yet, and that it may just be rumours. Is this true?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

This is from UKBA site. They are definitely starting Biometrics from 29th Feb 2012.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ine-checks

I am sure the people who have already gone through biometrics, will have to get them done again, so UKBA can verify that the candidate is the same as at the time of last application.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Linkers

scottsummers
Newly Registered

biometric forms

Post by scottsummers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:25 pm

If you go in person for the ILR meeting and they do the Biometric that day, what form do you need?

On the site it states "If you are applying in person... you must bring the correct form with you to avoid delay." But then it doesn't say what form that is.

Does anyone know?

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Can you send me the link to the site please

scottsummers
Newly Registered

link to biometric press release re. bringing form

Post by scottsummers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:38 pm

This is the press release that mentions the 'make sure to bring the correct form' for biometrics (but with no mention of what form it is!)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nts/60-brp

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:53 pm

When I booked an appointment they just asked what kind of application is it and I just selected SET(O) and I think they are referring to SET(O) when they say correct form (I could be wrong!)

babysofea

Post by babysofea » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:31 pm

linkers wrote:This is from UKBA site. They are definitely starting Biometrics from 29th Feb 2012.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ine-checks

I am sure the people who have already gone through biometrics, will have to get them done again, so UKBA can verify that the candidate is the same as at the time of last application.
Does this mean that I have to take all my family to attend the PEO, as I was going to just go by myself (they are all under my dependants).

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Keyrun wrote:When I booked an appointment they just asked what kind of application is it and I just selected SET(O) and I think they are referring to SET(O) when they say correct form (I could be wrong!)
i assume they are going to release new forms.