ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa from india, queries, urgent. please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

spouse visa from india, queries, urgent. please help

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Hello all,

I need your help in clarifying few of my queries

- background :

I was in uk on tier 1 visa initially. After marriage my wife joined me on tier 1 dependent visa. Last year my wife went to india to deliver our baby. Shes currently in india with our son . I very recently got ILR and mmy ccurrent status is ilr from tier 1 .

I believe my wife visa is void now and she has to apply for a spouse visa (?) For herself and dependant visa for our son.

Could anyone please clarify what visa and form would be for them.

I've listed the following document for her spouse application, please cross check -

1) application form (please tell which application form for wife and son)
2) passport
3) photographs
4) IELTS A1 level pass certificate
5) marriage certificate
6) marriage photographs
7) nhs papers which would indicate we were living together
8) Uk rent agreement
9) my uk bank statement having minimum. Of 15k balance from last 6 months
10) our son birth certificate
11) my sponsorship letter

I am hoping since she had been granted dependant visa earlier, they should not have much issues or doubts on our marriage or genuine relationship and i dont need to provide phone call , email, chat logs. so am just hoping the above documents are enough, please please advise if im missing on anything or need to include .

Sincere thanks

Also does it matter which visa center she supplies, she is from mumbai but currently in kolkatta .as hoping to submit our application in vfs center of kolkaata , is this alright?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:06 am

See also Guidance.

Your wife may apply for a spouse visa.
Your child may apply for a child settlement visa.

Safer to include proof of subsisting marriage, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 am

you mention IELTS A1 . She needs to have IELTS 4 or another certificate at A1 .
pennyless

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

pennylessinindia wrote:you mention IELTS A1 . She needs to have IELTS 4 or another certificate at A1 .
Ok, thanks for that. Do you think it matters if she applies from different visa center in india

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Could some one please confirm if I've to apply two seperate applications for Wife~(spouse visa, VAF4A) and children (child settlement) visa.

Do we mention child as dependant in spouse visa application

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:19 pm

one form each person.
Assume you mean different centre from previous application no problem.
Would be unusual not to apply together so if you are thinking of this may not be helpful.
pennyless

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:one form each person.
Assume you mean different centre from previous application no problem.
Would be unusual not to apply together so if you are thinking of this may not be helpful.
Many thanks for your reply.

We'd be making visa application for wife and child at the same time. So that still means we've to fill two seperate forms VAF4A one each for them.

Also, does it mean we've to pay seperate fees, ie. £810 each?

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Thanks for your replies. Really appreciate it. Please confirm my understanding...sorry to be a pain..

So, as my wife has been in uk for around 6 months on tier 1 dependent visa before flying to india ..and now as I've switched from tier 1 to ILR ..she neds to apply for spouse visa (vaf4a) form and not settlement visa..

And my son who was born in india would need to apply for child settlement visa (also form vaf4a) ...they both needs tto fifill different forms and pay seperate fees?

Also , I presume wife needs tp provide biometrics again even if she gave during her tier 1 dependant visa but what about my son ..doesmy wife needs to take our son too with her to vfs centre..

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 pm

hi destination_london,

i am exactly in the same boat as you are? have you already applied ? did get the passport ceritifed by solicitor or notary ? also did you get a letter fromm uni for your wife exempting ielts ?

shanmugak
Newly Registered

Visa for child in India. Father- ILR & Mom- Tier1 Depend

Post by shanmugak » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm

I am pretty much in your case and would earnestly seek help in this regard.

I got my ILR in October 2011. Prior to this I was on Tier-1 General.
Whilst I was on Tier-1 General, I got married in April 2010 and brought my wife on Tier 1 General Dependent Visa (valid up to January 2013). She came to UK in October 2010. She returned back to India in April 2011 for her pregnancy/delivery to happen in India.

My question is:
Can my wife travel on the same Tier-1 Dependent visa (valid up to January 2013)?
What visa (which form) should I arrange to get my son (8 months old) back to UK?

Please help.

destiniation_london

Re: Visa for child in India. Father- ILR & Mom- Tier1 De

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:07 pm

shanmugak wrote:I am pretty much in your case and would earnestly seek help in this regard.

I got my ILR in October 2011. Prior to this I was on Tier-1 General.
Whilst I was on Tier-1 General, I got married in April 2010 and brought my wife on Tier 1 General Dependent Visa (valid up to January 2013). She came to UK in October 2010. She returned back to India in April 2011 for her pregnancy/delivery to happen in India.

My question is:
Can my wife travel on the same Tier-1 Dependent visa (valid up to January 2013)?
What visa (which form) should I arrange to get my son (8 months old) back to UK?

Please help.
I haven't yet applied for visa yet but seeking information and help.

Going by response so far, it as to ge spouse visa application for your wife and child settlement visa for your kid.

Please do llet me knowwhere you applying from and your document list

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 pm

krssubbu wrote:hi destination_london,

i am exactly in the same boat as you are? have you already applied ? did get the passport ceritifed by solicitor or notary ? also did you get a letter fromm uni for your wife exempting ielts ?
She is due to give her ielts , I think its much safer option even if you can get letter from unit.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 am

thanks for this