ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60s Missing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khanz

P60s Missing

Post by khanz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:16 am

Hi All,

I am going to apply for ILR next month. I am missing two P60s. So, I called HMRC and requested them to send me my tax details for last five years. They sent me one page letter stating the following:

Year, Annual Salary, Tax Paid

My question is that if this letter is enough to replace the P60s for my ILR application or do I need something else from HMRC?

Please note that I have been working with the same employer for five years.

Thanks

Chikky

Re: P60s Missing

Post by Chikky » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm

khanz wrote:Hi All,

I am going to apply for ILR next month. I am missing two P60s. So, I called HMRC and requested them to send me my tax details for last five years. They sent me one page letter stating the following:

Year, Annual Salary, Tax Paid

My question is that if this letter is enough to replace the P60s for my ILR application or do I need something else from HMRC?

Please note that I have been working with the same employer for five years.

Thanks
The letter is sufficient to prove you have been paying tax.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 pm

khanz Please can you send me the link on HMRC’s site where you find the information for getting previous employment history ?[/b]

khanz

Post by khanz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Chikky, thanks for your reply. That's a good news then I don't need to worry about P60s anymore.

Linkers, I just called the HMRC and asked them to send me the tax details because my P60s were missing. You can see their contact numbers in the following thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58599

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Many thanks khanz.

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 am

I have gone through the requirements of documents to be provided for ILR applications made on Set O.

It is not mentioned anywhere that P60s for the qualifying period are provided. All it asks for is one latest payslip with a bank statement to prove that the money was paid by the employer for employee.

So why many people seem to be worried too much for missing P60 etc? can anyone please explain?

Thank you

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 am

arts99 wrote:I have gone through the requirements of documents to be provided for ILR applications made on Set O.

It is not mentioned anywhere that P60s for the qualifying period are provided. All it asks for is one latest payslip with a bank statement to prove that the money was paid by the employer for employee.

So why many people seem to be worried too much for missing P60 etc? can anyone please explain?

Thank you
I have been seeing post where many people who applied in person has updated their experience and in almost most of the cases( if not all of them) the case worker has asked for P60 forms. This also shows that you are employed in previous years and paying tax in UK.

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:59 am

@Chikky thank you for responding to the post.

If that is the official case/stance then this shall be then stated in the official UKBA guidance.

My point is that providing the full 4/5 years P60 may be helpful as just additional documents but they are not complusory.

If someone has been employed by the same employer, then a confirmation letter from the employer confirming that the person has been employed since such and such date and still is employed also is a proof that the person is in employment and has been paying taxes.

In many cases people through postal as well as same day appointments have got their ILR approved without being asked or having to provide any P60 for that matter as long as they have the right letter from the current sponsoring employer and last month bank statement which is less than 28 days old.

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:09 pm

arts99 wrote:@Chikky thank you for responding to the post.

If that is the official case/stance then this shall be then stated in the official UKBA guidance.

My point is that providing the full 4/5 years P60 may be helpful as just additional documents but they are not complusory.

If someone has been employed by the same employer, then a confirmation letter from the employer confirming that the person has been employed since such and such date and still is employed also is a proof that the person is in employment and has been paying taxes.

In many cases people through postal as well as same day appointments have got their ILR approved without being asked or having to provide any P60 for that matter as long as they have the right letter from the current sponsoring employer and last month bank statement which is less than 28 days old.
Yes agree with you. It is not a mandatory doc but as mentioned earlier and also if you see the other post today where the applicant had gone to PEO office only yesterday it seems the case worker asked for P60's so not sure when the case worker would ask and when not.

Yes it should be part of additional document but i think from the bunch of additional documents this one is the most commonly asked by the case worker based on what i have been seeing for past few months on this forum.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I am not sure if P60s are required for WP, but certainly for ILR based on HSMP or T1G there is no requirement for P60s (at least as per official SET(O) form and guide).

At PEO, the case worker, is dealing with all sorts of applications, they probably donot distinguish different category and just ask for common documents.
So in theory for T1G ILR application, one can challenge Caseworker, but in practice that will only delay the outcome :(
So if you have P60s with you for all your 5 years, best option is to take them with you and provide the same if asked.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 pm

khanz et all,

Today I've received emp history from HMRC. As you mentioned in your post it just have year, annual salary and tax paid.

I hope the format provided by HMRC is sufficient.

Many thanks, Kiran