ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 pm

som1984 wrote:
syma wrote:
som1984 wrote:
syma wrote:
y do u need to tell the ukba that:S
i heard that you have to inform the UKBA that you are going to get married before you go to pakistan. to stop all these forced marriages. not unless some has benn telling me porkies!!
def porkies lol
to show em that it wasnt a forced marraige or smfn all u need is
picture together of wedding n time spent together
details of any holiday/honeymoon u av , tickets , reservations etc
communication thro fone n all; usually its for the time u spend away from ur spouse b4 the app is submitted bt as ur going to b submitting it while ur here in pak too, jus give em records of ur communication b4 the wedding to show u guyz knew each othe etc etc
thank god its porkies. i was thinking that.

yeah i have alot of records goinfg back two years. however alot of them are phone cards but since november last year i have using Lycamobile so i will have 5 moths worth of records to hand in. plus i am going to try and print out the text messages we have been sending to one another.

when did you get married??
sep 2011
visa-grante:25.10.12

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:20 pm

syma wrote:
som1984 wrote:
syma wrote:
som1984 wrote:
i heard that you have to inform the UKBA that you are going to get married before you go to pakistan. to stop all these forced marriages. not unless some has benn telling me porkies!!
def porkies lol
communication thro fone n all; usually its for the time u spend away from ur spouse b4 the app is submitted bt as ur going to b submitting it while ur here in pak too, jus give em records of ur communication b4 the wedding to show u guyz knew each othe etc etc

yeah i have alot of records goinfg back two years. however alot of them are phone cards but since november last year i have using Lycamobile so i will have 5 moths worth of records to hand in. plus i am going to try and print out the text messages we have been sending to one another.

sep 2011
ok did ya husband find the english test easy

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 pm

som1984 wrote:
syma wrote:
som1984 wrote:
syma wrote:
def porkies lol

sep 2011
m the one who lives in pak hez british...i didnt need to do a test because i have a degree from London:)
Last edited by syma on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:30 pm

@ JF congratulations on ur hubbys visa wen did his application go under process
@hatewaiting86 u applied on the same day as JF the person checkin ur paperwoork probably 4got to update the status it will probably just change straight to ready for collection at the end of this week or next week inshallah. Hope u hear sum news soon
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

henna786

Post by henna786 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 pm

JF wrote:Nazia Sis, dont worry inshAllah it will all work out, just have faith and hang in there....Our duas are also with you.

....ALHUMDHULILA!...My husband has collected his passport today and he has been granted his visa thanks to God.....Yipppeeeee :-)
However the valid date on the visa is a few weeks from now so i urge everyone to check the dates upon getting the visa before booking ticket...
hya congrats sis! when did you apply for your visa and did your husband get a text first.

hatewaiting86
Newly Registered

Post by hatewaiting86 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi,
Sorry to be repetative, I applied wife's Visa 20/12/2011, the online tracker still says application fwd to isb oc. No further changes to status and its now 8 weeks since we applied. I notice most other members who applied in december there status have already changed. Please can you guys shed some light on it as I have begining to get worried about this. Do we need to contact UkBA?

Thanks

henna786

Post by henna786 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:52 pm

som1984 wrote:
rihsabramo wrote:How long does it take to get your IELTS results? We were told 2 weeks but it's been longer than that and still waiting!!
it should be 13 days where did your spouse take the test. my fiancee has her test in islamabad on the 10th march.
hi my husband applied for english test and was told 2wks its going to take to get the result, but it took us month an half. so dont know why they say 2weeks.hes passed tho:)

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 pm

hatewaiting86 wrote:Hi,
Sorry to be repetative, I applied wife's Visa 20/12/2011, the online tracker still says application fwd to isb oc. No further changes to status and its now 8 weeks since we applied. I notice most other members who applied in december there status have already changed. Please can you guys shed some light on it as I have begining to get worried about this. Do we need to contact UkBA?

Thanks
i think u should email them with all the app details i.e submission date, name of applicant, tracking number, applicants nationality & date of birth;
heres the email address visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:34 pm

henna786 wrote:
som1984 wrote:
rihsabramo wrote:How long does it take to get your IELTS results? We were told 2 weeks but it's been longer than that and still waiting!!
it should be 13 days where did your spouse take the test. my fiancee has her test in islamabad on the 10th march.
hi my husband applied for english test and was told 2wks its going to take to get the result, but it took us month an half. so dont know why they say 2weeks.hes passed tho:)
where did they take the test. was it in Mirpur

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:36 pm

syma wrote:
som1984 wrote:
syma wrote:
som1984 wrote:
def porkies lol

sep 2011
m the one who lives in pak hez british...i didnt need to do a test because i have a degree from London:)[/quote]

oh ok, i thought u were from england, our english is good

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi All,
Many Thanks for your duas and Congrats, and many thanks to the brothers and sisters on this forum for their continued support.
We applied back in early July 2011, the Visa got rejected we appealed the decision got overturned and after submitting passport it has taken over a month to get it back.
Regarding the text message service...theres no consistency my husband recieved the text aprox 30mins after the website was updated. However some on this forum recieve the text message first and then the online status is updated.

The best advice I can give is dont loose hope and yes the its hard to be seperated but it is all worthit in the end. If anyone needs any further info pls do get in touch. Best wishes and Duas to those who are still waiting.
Last edited by JF on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

henna786

Post by henna786 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 pm

som1984 wrote:
henna786 wrote:
som1984 wrote:
my husband took it in mirpur.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:16 pm

congratulatons JF...:)..really happy for u..

btw wher did ur huby submit his passport??

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:23 pm

henna786 wrote:
som1984 wrote:
henna786 wrote:
som1984 wrote:
seems like if you took the test in Mirpur they are taking a month to get the results back to you.

rihsabramo

Post by rihsabramo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:01 pm

som1984 wrote:
henna786 wrote:
som1984 wrote:
henna786 wrote:
seems like if you took the test in Mirpur they are taking a month to get the results back to you.
Where in Mirpur?

henna786

Post by henna786 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

rihsabramo wrote:
som1984 wrote:
henna786 wrote:
som1984 wrote:

Where in Mirpur?
sorry i just asked my husband where he took it and he took the test in ghelum he was going for his course in mirpur lol:)

hatewaiting86
Newly Registered

Post by hatewaiting86 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks a lot. I will do it straight away.
syma wrote:
hatewaiting86 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
i think u should email them with all the app details i.e submission date, name of applicant, tracking number, applicants nationality & date of birth;
heres the email address visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Congrats JF

Just wanted to ask, If im present at pakistan when my wife submits the case can i go with her on the appointment or is she the only one allowed?
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 pm

shade00 wrote:Congrats JF

Just wanted to ask, If im present at pakistan when my wife submits the case can i go with her on the appointment or is she the only one allowed?
She will be the only one allowed in. They might let you in the building but not much further. I'm not 100% on whether they even let non-applicants in the building or not.
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh right.

Hope she don't lose any of the paperwork then if thats the case. :D
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

z85
Newly Registered

Post by z85 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 am

In regards to the English tests, what questions are asked? Are the people who take the test asked about their spouses? Such as age, job title, address etc.

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:22 am

[quote="shade00"]Oh right.

Hope she don't lose any of the paperwork then if thats the case. :D[/quote]

@Shade00 - Lol unfortunatly your not allowed in the building at all. They only allow the applicant to enter. I had to wait outside whilst my husband submitted his and boy does it get hot around midday in July :)

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:32 am

[quote="z85"]In regards to the English tests, what questions are asked? Are the people who take the test asked about their spouses? Such as age, job title, address etc.[/quote]

@Z85 - them kind of questions usually get asked at the airport at the time of arrival not during the test...best advice regarding question format is to go online and search for example questions to get practise...

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 am

To all those waiting for replies please keep strong and have faith in Allah swt. The wait will seem like forever at present, but trust me once the visa is granted and you are united with your loved one, you will forget the time you waited. It will be worth it in the end! Just to give you guys some hope.. I got married last year, I spent a fews days with hubby and had to get back due to work responsibilities etc. We applied a whole month after I got back so gathered all documnets and hubby submitted. However after 3 months long wait we were heartbroken at the news of refusal. I waited 3months and it was my first Eid after being married which I was so looking forward to, in the end I spent it without hubby. Not only did my hubby's visa get refused, I also lost my premanant job (the company closed down).. I was left distressed. But Alhumdhulila I left everything in the hands of Allah swt and asked him to show me a way. I was midway into the visa process and how was I to cope? You know I was told the whole appeal process could take up to a year.. my hubby almost went into depression, but he kept calm and made sure I was ok, bless him. However, Alhumdhulila Allah never turned me away, I managed to secure myself another Job Masha'Allah. Anyways we appealed and after 2months we received news that the original decision has been over-turned on review, so no need for a hearing. I was over-joyed.. I couldn't believe it.. as many of you on here already know the good news did not sink in, I was soo shocked and relieved and happy lol. :shock: Hubby submitted passport and Alhumdhulila visa was granted. It was a long journey for myself and my hubby, a roller-coaster ride for us filled with mixed emotions.. but you know what kept me goin? Allah swt the Al-Mighty.. I was so exhausted with the whole wait I wanted to give up, but I never lost hope in my Lord and Alhumdhulila it was all worth it in the end :)

So guys believe me and to hang in there.. it is difficult but if Allah wills it will certainly be. Dua is the weapon of the believer, keep making dua. Insha'Allah you are all in my duas I always ensure that you are in my duas and that Allah swt grants visas to all those waiting. Insha'Allah. This wait has also brought me more closer to Allah swt. Alhumdhulila :)

Thank you to all those that supported me through this difficult time, without you this would not have been possible, it was the collective duas and the hope that kept us going. It was experiences of the previos members shared that helped me understand the whole appeal process and that's why I thought I'd help someone feel better by sharing my story and understand there is always something better for you in the end, we just have to remain patient. Keep strong all :) Thanks for reading! :wink:
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

Atifobaid
Newly Registered

Post by Atifobaid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 am

exquisit33...very nice post!!! :P