ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ebay and Paypal Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mustang390

Ebay and Paypal Question

Post by mustang390 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi I have some Income coming in from Ebay through paypal. My Question is that can I declare this as an income for my Visa purposes ???? or has anyone else did this before ?? please advise

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:04 am

Please search for paypal/ebay as I have claimed it and my application was successful. However you need to be registered either as a Limited company or you can also go for self employed category.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Good luck

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:38 am

Pretty much backing up what alimohmand says - it depends. Are you registered as self employed with HMRC and carry on business as a sole trader or did you incorporate a limited company to do this?

To ramble on a little more.....

If the money you have received is from the sale of the odd old item of yours then you won't be carrying on a trade so it won't be able to be counted.

If however you sell regularly and make/buy in items to sell then you will be most likely to be deemed as carrying on a trade from a HMRC perspective and would have to register as being self employed with HMRC or incorporate a limited company. This would then count as self employment income for UKBA purposes.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

LondonBoy1
Newly Registered

Post by LondonBoy1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 pm

I am in the same boat. I am trading on Ebay as a Trader/Business Ebay account under my name. I am registered as Self Employed with HMRC. I have done a gross sale of £80,000. My net profit would be arround £35,000. I will be paying tax on me profit. Can i apply for tier1 to ILR visa as self employed. If yes, what r the documents required.

Bank statement
Letter from accountant
Ebay yearly sales print
Import/VAT invoices
What else?

Thanks

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 am

At least from the face of what you say there shouldn't be a problem - from the volume of trading and the fact you are registered as self employed it is evident that you are carrying on a trade and therefore bringing in self employed income rather than just using eBay for getting rid of old things (i.e. You are self employed who happens to use eBay as the major medium for bringing in sales).

Documents would be as per guidance for self employed - don't forget your accounts too.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks All I have been doing Ebay business as well and currently I have passed 7K Mark in the last 4 months so just want to include it in my income to gain the relavent points and I have been registered as a self employed and also working as a sub contractor with a company to carry out their work.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 am

LondonBoy1: Just to advise insure that you are VAT registered as you have surpassed vat threshold and its compulsury for you to register with vat.
Good Luck

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 am

mustang390: I dont see any issues iensure when sending your documents that you do provide paypal monthly financial report as well as your bank statement for any withdrawls made from your paypal account to your bank.
Good Luck