ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Rejected, Friend of Mine - Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinaya

ILR - Rejected, Friend of Mine - Please help

Post by vinaya » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi

A freind of mine has already got his ILR and went today to apply for ILR for his wife at Solihull.

His wife was on a dependent visa for the last 2 years and they were told they she should have been on spouse visa, so does not qualify for ILR. Her dependent visa was applied in India after they got married.

I am not sure what the difference betweena dependent visa and spouse dependent visa.

Any help?

Thanks

ukmigrant2011

Re: ILR - Rejected, Friend of Mine - Please help

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:35 pm

vinaya wrote:Hi

A freind of mine has already got his ILR and went today to apply for ILR for his wife at Solihull.

His wife was on a dependent visa for the last 2 years and they were told they she should have been on spouse visa, so does not qualify for ILR. Her dependent visa was applied in India after they got married.

I am not sure what the difference betweena dependent visa and spouse dependent visa.

Any help?

Thanks
Hi, I do not know the exact difference . I applied for my wife when we did our ILR. I was on Tier 1 and my wife's VISA that time says, Tier 1 (Dependant) Partner. She got ILR with that VISA.

cheers

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:35 pm

After her husband is granted ILR, the wife has to move the visa status to FLR(M) and only this can be applied to ILR using SET(O).

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:37 pm

If her current dependant leave has not expired she should apply for leave to remain using FLR(M). When this is granted she may then apply for settlement using SET(M) assuming she has been in the UK for 2 years and has been married for 2 years. If not she will have to apply on FLR(M) then wait until both of those requirements have been met before applying for settlement.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: ILR - Rejected, Friend of Mine - Please help

Post by sunil.suneel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:38 pm

ukmigrant2011 wrote:
vinaya wrote:Hi

Any help?

Thanks
Hi, I do not know the exact difference . I applied for my wife when we did our ILR. I was on Tier 1 and my wife's VISA that time says, Tier 1 (Dependant) Partner. She got ILR with that VISA.

cheers

Its fine if the wife was on Tier1 Dependent if applying at the same time as that of the main applicant, but if applying after the husband gets ILR, then it is a must to move to FLR(M) before apply for ILR.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Understood. Thanks Sunil

imranb

Post by imranb » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:56 pm

vinaya wrote:Understood. Thanks Sunil
The inconsistency in applying rules is staggering. See this case....http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hik+roshan
Solihull PEO did exactly opposite to what they have done in this particular case.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:01 pm

do not beleive this!..Interestingly my friend and his wife went to Solihull

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:37 pm

What was your friend's category prior to ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 pm

imranb wrote:
vinaya wrote:Understood. Thanks Sunil
The inconsistency in applying rules is staggering. See this case....http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hik+roshan
Solihull PEO did exactly opposite to what they have done in this particular case.
where is the inconsistency? The op's wife in the post you refer to didn't apply for ilr as she hadn't completed the two years

The op in this post has completed two years but as her husband already had ilr she could not apply for ilr without switching to leave as the spouse of a settled person on form FLRM.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:25 am

When my friend for ILR he was on Tier1 and his wife was his dependant.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 am

Then, as already stated, FLR(M) is required before travel or current leave expires or curtailed.
Last edited by vinny on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks Vinny