ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:19 am

alpha_1 wrote:
kaybe wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:By the way its been more than 1 month and they are keep saying waiting for garda :roll:
The info that 2010 have been dealt it and waiting for minister approval, doesnt mean 100% 2010, there might be some difficult cases( if u have unpaid traffic fines, court fines and other issues)
No traffic fines, no court fines etc for me :) but still waiting.
alpha,
decisions would be coming soon in weeks for 2010 applicants. so dont worry
kaybedab

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Post by sunilappat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am

Please dont give wrong informations here

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 am

sunilappat wrote:Please dont give wrong informations here
sunilappat,

what u said its ur own opinion. u can wait for 4 months if u want
Last edited by kaybe on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaybedab

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Post by sunilappat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 am

I called them. Please read my post above.
Thank you

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 am

sunilappat wrote:I called them. Please read my post above.
Thank you

i called them as well and thats what they told me. so no one is giving false information here. and i dont know where u got ur own information that 4 months(they wrote on their site may 2012)
kaybedab

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Post by sunilappat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 am

They told me to call back in 4 months!!!!!!!!!
And they told you 2010 applications are processed and waiting for ministers approval!
I am not sure what to believe Kay

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am

sunilappat wrote:They told me to call back in 4 months!!!!!!!!!
And they told you 2010 applications are processed and waiting for ministers approval!

I think the last stage of it is to send to the minister( which could take time) once its waiting for the minister that means its back from the garda vetting. so its in the last stage. am sure the minister would start approving some very soon.lets just keep our fingers cross. and it is even better than the previous govt( which is 3 to 4 yrs in proccessing
kaybedab

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Sage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote
congrats mate.your wife applied also in july 2011.what basic did she applied ?

spouse of irish citizen i was shocked it see the letter myself after me waiting nearly 4 years to get mine my wife gets it in 6 months

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:21 pm

kaybe wrote:
sunilappat wrote:They told me to call back in 4 months!!!!!!!!!

I think the last stage of it is to send to the minister( which could take time) once its waiting for the minister that means its back from the garda vetting. so its in the last stage. am sure the minister would start approving some very soon.lets just keep our fingers cross. and it is even better than the previous govt( which is 3 to 4 yrs in proccessing
sunilappat & kaybe :)

Calm down folks....

You are both correct - this is about reading 6 AND 9 correctly, it depends on which end of the divide you stand.

Be rest assured that both of you have spoken to exactly the same person who gave you different answers to get you off the phone :)

The fact is that even those that are responding to your phone calls DO NOT know what they are saying!

The fact is:

1. I know people waiting since 2007
2. I know someone who submitted in 2009 and is still waiting
3. I know someone who submitted in August 2011 and already received approval
4. And my friend submitted in January 2011, received reference in January 2011 and up till today there has been no further contact!

I will suggest that at the moment, these guys dont know what they are telling us. They just want to get you off the phone - no more, no less.

Even some of those who sent GNIB card and payment after approval in January 2012 have not been contacted on the way forward!

There may be, but I dont know of anyone they have ever given an accurate status of application. It is all guess work :) We can only hope!

They either tell you about Garda check or sometimes tell everyone their application is on the Minister's desk; how big is the minister's desk? :)

All the best and hope for the best soonest!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 pm

so 6000 application backload still there.but if you look last year minister govt come into power in mid march.till mid june they already clear the 5000 over applicant.so there is still hope minister target is clearing the backload before early summer will be complete.also they have more staff in citizenship divsion now.i think all the backload going to clear.anyway good luck everybody.is anyone else called the citizenship divsion today ??????????????????????

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 pm

I agree with sunilappat

There is no use making incorrect or generalized statements

If posting info, then try and post as much as possible and be specific.
It depends on what questions you asked them or how you asked them as well.

For example, i called today asking about an application in the 3400's i.e. 68/34XX/10 which was submitted in April 2010.

They haven't reached these applications as yet and was told it would be at least another 3-4 months.

The date of May 2012 on the website means nothing, it is just a target to aim for. The website also says 23 months, whereas the on-hold message says 26 months.

So, what we learn from the above is that:
1) Up to late April 2010, application numbers reached the 3400's
2) They haven't reached anywhere close to that number as yet in the decision process.
3) It will take approx another 3-4 months for those numbers to be processed

Now, they may have approved early 2010 i.e. Jan-March and if they have then congrats to you. However, it is unfair to get everyones hope up by making generic statements like: 2010 applications have been decided on - or similar statements.

If you're posting, then provide:
1) the general application ID number (no need to be specific) and
2) the approx date of the application and
3) what you were told about the approx approval dates.

What you then have is a better way to track the speed of processing.

Now, there are some folks on here who enjoy arguing and will no doubt have something negative to say about this. But i'm sticking to my guns and i won't respond to any of the negative comments.

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 pm

wandererz wrote:I agree with sunilappat

For example, i called today asking about an application in the 3400's i.e. 68/34XX/10 which was submitted in April 2010.

They haven't reached these applications as yet and was told it would be at least another 3-4 months.

The date of May 2012 on the website means nothing, it is just a target to aim for. The website also says 23 months, whereas the on-hold message says 26 months.

2) They haven't reached anywhere close to that number as yet in the decision process.

Now, they may have approved early 2010 i.e. Jan-March and if they have then congrats to you. However, it is unfair to get everyones hope up by making generic statements like: 2010 applications have been decided on - or similar statements.

Now, there are some folks on here who enjoy arguing and will no doubt have something negative to say about this. But i'm sticking to my guns and i won't respond to any of the negative comments.
wandererz,
better dont respond
kaybedab

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Next citizenship ceremony is on the 1st of April at the Convention Centre, Dublin 1.
Letter received today.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:26 pm

wandererz wrote:I agree with sunilappat

wandererz,

I can assure you that to a large extent, information received from INIS are generalised. And these explains why all the indices; hold messages and web site give us divergent information.

And I really dont see the point of listing application details in the format "3400's i.e. 68/34XX/10" it doesnt add up to the sequence to which applications are dealt with.

This is a forum for people to "share information" AS IS, and if anyone comes to the forum to set unrealistic expectations, that is sad. In the same vein, I assume every one is supposed to state things as they are and not necessarily "patch them up" to make it look or sound great.

A clinical run through of all those who have been approved will show very divergent years and months. Since yesterday, a couple of people that have confirmed approval for ceremony mentioned July/ August 2011 or thereabout, that does not imply that all the previous years have been fully cleared or even majority of them have been cleared. It only means one thing; is is haphazards.

A good example is aswadref - there is a huge gap between someone waiting 4years and another only 6months

I agree with you however that some folks come on this board to set agenda as if they are the Minister signing the approvals :)

All the same, I wish every one all the best in the months ahead

:)

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 pm

I called up the Citizenship Division as well and every time you call them each person answering the call has different reason. Fact of the matter is they dont give any correct information. They have the new numbering system for easy Reference but they still are much familiar to check with the old number itself. Information provided by some on this forum is just untrue as INIS is a Govt. agency, no one except them can have correct information. So its totally your luck of the draw that you get your citizenship approval sooner rather than later no matter what year you have applied. I request persons giving wrong information to refrain from this as we all are mature enough to act in an respectful & disciplined manner.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:40 pm

its all depend on the luck.

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:29 pm

I really wish the very best for You as I think you deserve to get it faster than anyone on this forum, that might atleast sought up the least of the worries on this forum.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 pm

i hope everybody should get before june. any way minister is doing great job so far.. inis service getting a profit around 29m last year from theirs services provided by dept.i think they should make some phone call for citizenship dept where you can paid around 15 euro .where your call with deal 100% connect to the dept.(like usa,uk embassy in dublin).also it will be good for inis amount of money they going to make in this recession and they not going to get any calls from without reason.also it will be good for immigrants.

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

HI

Post by Sohanjanvi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 am

HI everyone and best wishes to all waiting for decision. I applied in Feb 2008 and on 2 Feb 2012 i took oath in Cathal Brugha. Thankful to God for out of this waiting game. Applied for my minor daughter (Form F9) on 7th Feb 2012 and for my wife as a spouse of Irish on 9th Feb 2012. On 10th Feb i received Acknowledgment for my daughter. So waiting still in some sort.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 am

good luck to your wife and daughter applications.hope you will hear this good news within 6 months

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:29 pm

waitingcitizen wrote:I called up the Citizenship Division as well and every time you call them each person answering the call has different reason. Fact of the matter is they dont give any correct information. They have the new numbering system for easy Reference but they still are much familiar to check with the old number itself. Information provided by some on this forum is just untrue as INIS is a Govt. agency, no one except them can have correct information. So its totally your luck of the draw that you get your citizenship approval sooner rather than later no matter what year you have applied. I request persons giving wrong information to refrain from this as we all are mature enough to act in an respectful & disciplined manner.
That is the point. All luck mostly and nothing to do with sequence of submission :)

We cannot rely on most of the information tied to "I called today and they said.........."

It is just unwise for people to come to the forum and set unrealistic expectations.

All the best everyone :)

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:45 pm

IQU wrote:i hope everybody should get before june. any way minister is doing great job so far.. inis service getting a profit around 29m last year from theirs services provided by dept.i think they should make some phone call for citizenship dept where you can paid around 15 euro .where your call with deal 100% connect to the dept.(like usa,uk embassy in dublin).also it will be good for inis amount of money they going to make in this recession and they not going to get any calls from without reason.also it will be good for immigrants.
IQU,

The problem with chargeable call if applied in this case is that even if you pay, we cannot be guaranteed to get "true" information. I am sure the government is unlikely to go through that route until they have a grip on the "guaranteed average time" that most straight forward application will go through to ceremony.

There is no point paying only to be told your application is on the minister's desk.... and three weeks later, if you call in you are either told the same or told it is with Garda :)

Personally, I have NEVER called - my folks call and get different answers every other few weeks!

There are too many bottlenecks everywhere. Even after approval and payments of 950e made, we still have people waiting for weeks :( to know when the next ceremony will be!

I dont see why this cannot be guaranteed to happen at different locations at the same time once a month. Or even at every local government as is done in the UK regularly. That way, the backlog is cleared and the unnecessary wait and uncertainty is removed.

I mean, children's application should be a couple of weeks at the most - what is there to check with children? School attendance or GP visits? The files are just piled up somewhere!

The important thing is that at least, things appear to be moving ok at this stage. Far better and clearer activity than we have previously :)

All the best every one :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm

but some cases are staright forward.if you already submit the all the p 60 and p 21 since you arrived to ireland ,with current payslips, job letter, job contract letter, bank statement ,from country of your origin police clearance cert,birth cert also stamp from your embassy to prove it is original copy,if you hold private security licence (they cant issue you without clearance from garda vetting unit).i think they should not be delay.i wish everybody good luck hope in next few weeks alot of approval going to issues.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Guys first of all every body tells their own experience when they talk to INIS. This forum is meant to share their own experiences not to provide any legal advise. So just use the information whatever +ve way you can.

Now, this week on tuesday I called, after on hold for 1.5 hours one rude lady picked up the phone who was more frustrated then me :) She said what do you want? Ofcourse I called to know my status not to arrange a date with her (stupid question). Any way, I asked about my status she at first could not find my file (very bizzare) but somehow she found it, and then she said well you are from May 2010 so you should not call us because WE ARE ONLY PROCESSING 2008 AND 2009. I asked about the estimation time she told me nothing, i said for more than 1 month i was told that you are waiting for garda report she said when they will have it they will process it Good Bye.

Well sometimes very nice people pick the phone. But sometimes this experience of calling them is awful.

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 am

Agreed Alpha_1 .. i seem to get very inconsistent answers all the time .. and seriously i really don't understand .. ' I cant find your file ' .. its finally a computer where one has to key in the reference number .. and the one pops out with the status .. when they say i can't find your file .. are they having BOX files on paper . i don't think they are doing that ... i am really confused at these inconsistent answers .. clearly by no means an acceptable . they just get away with it as there is no accountability ..

anyways .. better trust your luck .. and i hope we all get lucky one day ..