ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR...absences... which PEO to choose?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rosaaa
Newly Registered

ILR...absences... which PEO to choose?

Post by Rosaaa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for ILR but I have breached the 180 days rule, the rest is all good.
I will have some documentation to cover the absences and I am hoping for the best.

I will apply in a PEO, so I wonder which one would be the best considering my circumstances. Do all of them have ''HEO'', ''SEO'' and Grade 7 case workers, in case that my case worker needs some support for the case?
In which PEO would I have the best chance for a same day ILR consideration?

Glasgow is the closest, but I am not sure if it would be the best... on the forum I could find only one or two PEO reports from Glasgow and all were very simple cases.

Many thanks in advance!

the_ilr_boy
Newly Registered

Post by the_ilr_boy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Rosaaa - looks like we are in similar situations - see my post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95847

If I go ahead with my appointment on 05/03/2012 instead of just extending my visa, I will be sure to let you know how I get on.

I too am interested to know if all PEOs have ''HEO'', ''SEO'' and Grade 7 case workers due to the nature of my application.

Rosaaa
Newly Registered

Post by Rosaaa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:56 pm

the_ilr_boy wrote:Hi Rosaaa - looks like we are in similar situations - see my post:

If I go ahead with my appointment on 05/03/2012 instead of just extending my visa, I will be sure to let you know how I get on.

I too am interested to know if all PEOs have ''HEO'', ''SEO'' and Grade 7 case workers due to the nature of my application.
Hi ILR-boy,

I think you are in a much better situation, I have many more absences. However, all the absences were paid leave and I never took any unpaid leave. I should find out my results first.

It seems that all the PEO have SEO and Grade 7. I found this post: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=glasgow

You can book 2 appointments with different user names, that is no problem at all, but do not forget to cancel them 48 hours in advance if you decide not to attend.
I had 4 PEO appointments for my Tier 1 :oops: just in case, and when I used the first one I cancelled the rest. :)

I do not really understand the 180 days rule - unless it means the max time you should be economically inactive.
If you earn more, more chance you will have to travel. If you have free time I can not see why you can not do with it whatever you want as long as you stay economiaclly active in the UK.
They may refuse my application, but give ILR to someone who does not contribute much but just stays all the time in the country... good for them! :roll: [/url]

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:42 am

Rosaaa wrote:
the_ilr_boy wrote:Hi Rosaaa - looks like we are in similar situations - see my post:

Hi ILR-boy,

I think you are in a much better situation, I have many more absences. However, all the absences were paid leave and I never took any unpaid leave. I should find out my results first.

It seems that all the PEO have SEO and Grade 7. I found this post: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=glasgow

You can book 2 appointments with different user names, that is no problem at all, but do not forget to cancel them 48 hours in advance if you decide not to attend.
I had 4 PEO appointments for my Tier 1 :oops: just in case, and when I used the first one I cancelled the rest. :)

I do not really understand the 180 days rule - unless it means the max time you should be economically inactive.
If you earn more, more chance you will have to travel. If you have free time I can not see why you can not do with it whatever you want as long as you stay economiaclly active in the UK.
They may refuse my application, but give ILR to someone who does not contribute much but just stays all the time in the country... good for them! :roll: [/url]
v logical thing you said . my friend on ILR - JR . He didnt earn in last 2 years on HSMP and got ILR now he his wife both are british citizen and he is not earning since he got ILR.

we on new PBS are suffering anyway... our luck :)