ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon PEO – 14 Feb – with no P60’s

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viper_555
Newly Registered

ILR Success Croydon PEO – 14 Feb – with no P60’s

Post by viper_555 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 pm

I’m a silent reader (mostly) of this forum and benefitted hugely from the information floating around here; it’s my payback time now :).
WP + Tier1 + Tier1 extended. Total 5 years 6 months in the UK with 159 days absence.
Documents asked by the caseworker.
1. Letter from the employer
2. Payslips (12 months)
3. Bank statement (12 months)
4. LIUK
5. Now- the tricky part- P 60’s!
Caseworker specifically asked for 5 years P 60’s. I only had a P 60 for the year 2011. On my work permit, I was working for an Indian IT firm which was not paying tax through my NI, instead, there was some ‘group tax’ thing. Hence I did not have any P 60’s; however, I had the payslips for the work permit time. The payslips were just showing the net amount without mentioning tax paid.
I told the case worker I don’t have the P60’s and the guideline does not mention anything about the P60’s. She told me that I need to show proof of my employment during my workpermit time. I gave her some letters from the previous company and payslips. She checked the payslips (only last month payslip at WP before moving onto Tier1) and said that’s fine. So if you don’t have a P60, not to worry, but carry these along with you if they ask-
1. Payslips
2. Letter from the WP employer stating your duration and salary (This MUST be a recent dated one)
I found the PEO to be very friendly and polite provided you carry along the correct documents. Looks so simple in hindsight! Good luck!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am

Congrats viper_555

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 am

Congrats viper

its useful to know the success of a case with group tax ... where you dont actually have any proof or records of your tax paid to HMRC ... You could have been the lucky one, but good to know ....