ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 1 Extension - POE or By Post

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kudrekar
Newly Registered

Teir 1 Extension - POE or By Post

Post by Kudrekar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Have posted already querying the time span for visa renewal date in case of POE.

I am an IT consultant working as Contractor with LTD company. Not sure if i Should opt for POE(In Person) or send the documents by post?

Please suggest

Thanks

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Teir 1 Extension - POE or By Post

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Kudrekar wrote:Have posted already querying the time span for visa renewal date in case of POE.

I am an IT consultant working as Contractor with LTD company. Not sure if i Should opt for POE(In Person) or send the documents by post?

Please suggest

Thanks
According to UKBA's website if you post it:

For applications made inside the UK under Tier 1 of the points-based system, the standard is that we will decide 75 per cent of applications within 4 weeks.

For PEO i think it is 90% applications processed on the same day

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:27 pm

PEO: Additional cost of £300 main applicant + £150 per dependant

Advantages:1) Timely decision for straight forward cases. In most cases same day decisions but this cannot be guaranteed.
2) Option to present your case personally

Postal: Economic option

Disadvantage: 1) Longer waiting times. In the current climate, if you have dependants it could take up to 8-12 weeks (4-6 weeks to get Biometric invitation and then 4-6 weeks for application processing)
2) Tension during the waiting time.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:31 pm

QuickSam - brilliantly summed up! Exactly my thoughts, while I debate which route to go through.

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 am

what if you cant get an PEO appointment? It always shows no appointment available. How could this be managed? Trying for the past 1 week.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:50 am

ramesh1 wrote:what if you cant get an PEO appointment? It always shows no appointment available. How could this be managed? Trying for the past 1 week.
Try it at sharp 00:00 and u will get it

ank1022
Newly Registered

no luck yet

Post by ank1022 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 am

For last 3 days I am trying to book an appointment on UKBA site. Clicking dot on 00:00 and got following messages:
Day1: Appointment can not be booked. Finish button. Reloaded the page and tried again. Selected a date ->filled details -> confirm button -> Date no longer available.
Day2: First attempt-> Appointment can not be booked -> retried-> date appeared-> selected & filled up details -> confirm button -> date no longer available.
Day3: Only got 'technical error' message instead of appointment dates -> after 5 minutes -> no dates available.

Advice needed to work around this situation. I am worried because of revised fees. Can anybody tell the changes will be applicable from 01-Apr or 06-Apr?

Regards

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: no luck yet

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 am

To you and all who have problem around booking online -

There is practically no other solution to overcome this problem, EXCEPT KEEP TRYING.

@Ank1022 - I have had same issues as you are having. Hardly get few appointments, and whilst I choose one and fill in the details and press Confirm, that time slot would have been taken. My suggestions is - BE QUICK in entering those details, unless you have number of dependants, you should get lucky one day :(

And "REALLY" there isn't anything (at all) you can do about the technical errors EXCEPT - when you go on the website to book at midnight, clear you cookies (session cookies can sometime create problem) and all other temp internet files to speed up the website loading etc.

@ All others - My successful attempt to book an appointment (after number of unsuccessful ones) is when I did not enter any date range (just left them blank) and just choose three centres. Try B'Ham, Liverpool and Glasgow, avoid Croydon and Sheffield if you can, as they somehow seems to be never available (well to me at least)
ank1022 wrote:For last 3 days I am trying to book an appointment on UKBA site. Clicking dot on 00:00 and got following messages:
Day1: Appointment can not be booked. Finish button. Reloaded the page and tried again. Selected a date ->filled details -> confirm button -> Date no longer available.
Day2: First attempt-> Appointment can not be booked -> retried-> date appeared-> selected & filled up details -> confirm button -> date no longer available.
Day3: Only got 'technical error' message instead of appointment dates -> after 5 minutes -> no dates available.

Advice needed to work around this situation. I am worried because of revised fees. Can anybody tell the changes will be applicable from 01-Apr or 06-Apr?

Regards
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: no luck yet

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:35 am

ank1022 wrote:For last 3 days I am trying to book an appointment on UKBA site. Clicking dot on 00:00 and got following messages:

Regards
You need to be very very quick..15 secs for filling up the details..u will get it dont worry..try today midnight...00:00hrs..

All the best!!