ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Spouse Visa or Wait?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

caylalove
Newly Registered

Apply for Spouse Visa or Wait?

Post by caylalove » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking time to read my post, I really need advise as im not sure what to do. I have recently returned to the UK after being with my husband outside of the UK for nearly 2 years. I am a British citizen

I have been offered a job in the UK. I should meet all the other requirements but I am unsure when i can apply for my hubby. I do not have 3- 6 mths bank statements as my accounts were inactive during my time outside of the UK and i have just started working.

Can I make an application with 1month bank statement and my employment letter or do I need to wait until I have at least 3? Can my husbands spouse visa be refused for not having 3 months bank statements?

Thanks for your help.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:23 am

what about bank statements from where you were previously living do you have those and evidence of employment etc
pennyless

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks for the reply. I do have my statements from out of the UK but there is no a significant amount in the account and I'm working for a new company in the UK

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 am

caylalove wrote:Thanks for the reply. I do have my statements from out of the UK but there is no a significant amount in the account and I'm working for a new company in the UK
It is not necessarily about the money it is also about your ability to maintain your employment and income levels if you have worked overseas and shown you can hold down a job that will help you. there are figures quoted about income but it is also good to show your history of work etc.
Does your spouse have employment currently and a chance of working in the UK all things that would help support your application
pennyless

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:25 am

Yees I was working outside of the UK and my Husband is currently working. We actually worked in the same place!

I would like to Make the application soon as we hate being apart . But I'm.worried I will b refused for submitting less than 3 bank statements. I have 1k in savings which is not much.

Has anyone else been successful with few bank statements?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 am

You can submit the application with the bank statements and pay slips you have, but you should include a letter from your employer confirming the employment is permanent.
Best to do this before April if possible as the rules on finances may well tighten if the Government's new proposals are introduced.

moz

Post by moz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 am

hello to everyone

I have the same issue as this post....my wife will have 1 payslip and 1 bank statement by the time we will apply for spouse visa(before april).
my cousin who is ILR is going to support me financially and he makes 44k per year.also my wife can provide lette from employer to confirm that the job is permanent. can I pass the financial part of the application according what I said on the top?

I wrote all of these in my post,but unfortunately no one paid attention to answer my post :( hope someone will be kind to answer my problem!

thanks in advance