ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens to my dependent if I switch to tier 2? Urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varsh009
Newly Registered

What happens to my dependent if I switch to tier 2? Urgent

Post by varsh009 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the UK under Tier 4 and my husband as my dependent under the Tier 4 category. I will be applying to switch to Tier 2 next week, but my husband cannot apply at the same time as I do not have enough funds to show for both of us at one go (This will be ok in 1 month). What happens to my dependent who is already in the UK as a tier 4 dependent from the time I switch to tier 2 and he applies for his tier2 dependent visa? Will his leave to remain be valid?

Thank you.

varsh009
Newly Registered

Post by varsh009 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 am

Any one? :s

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 pm

They need to leave and apply from home country as Tier-2 dependent.

varsh009
Newly Registered

Post by varsh009 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:52 am

Ok Thanks for the info

varsh009
Newly Registered

Post by varsh009 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Deviser wrote:They need to leave and apply from home country as Tier-2 dependent.
I have a question related to this. For how long can he stay in the UK before going to take his visa given that I have already obtained my visa? Booking tickets etc. is not straightforward and it may take 2-3 weeks before he leaves. Will that be ok, or will he be overstaying?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Your husband (in UK as a dependant of PBS migrant) doesn't need to leave the UK.

When is your Tier 4 leave (and that of your husband) due to expire?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

varsh009
Newly Registered

Post by varsh009 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am

sushdmehta wrote:Your husband (in UK as a dependant of PBS migrant) doesn't need to leave the UK.

When is your Tier 4 leave (and that of your husband) due to expire?
Our leave on Tier 4 ends on September 2012. I am going back home on holidays on my own (the husband did not get leave from work) in Jan and will be applying for Tier 2 visa there as the waiting times in the UK seem to be getting worse. Hopefully I will be coming back with the Tier 2 visa. I am worried about what happens to the husband's permission to stay in the UK during that time.

Thanks for your advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:12 pm

If your husband does not intend to travel outside UK before his current leave expires, then he may switch to dependant of Tier 2 migrant as and when he can meet the requirements ... and definitely before expiry of current leave.

He doesn't have to leave UK ... contrary to what had been asserted in one of the responses above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

parad0x
Newly Registered

Post by parad0x » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 am

sushdmehta wrote:If your husband does not intend to travel outside UK before his current leave expires, then he may switch to dependant of Tier 2 migrant as and when he can meet the requirements ... and definitely before expiry of current leave.

He doesn't have to leave UK ... contrary to what had been asserted in one of the responses above.
I have a similar question. I am very confused as my Tier 4 biometric card was kept by the UKBA to be destroyed. Does that make my dependant illegal in the country? I had to submit my application via the premium service as I was in a hurry and I intend to send my dependant's application by post.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 am

parad0x wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:If your husband does not intend to travel outside UK before his current leave expires, then he may switch to dependant of Tier 2 migrant as and when he can meet the requirements ... and definitely before expiry of current leave.

I have a similar question. I am very confused as my Tier 4 biometric card was kept by the UKBA to be destroyed. Does that make my dependant illegal in the country? I had to submit my application via the premium service as I was in a hurry and I intend to send my dependant's application by post.
No - it doesn't make him illegal. Did you also switch into tier 2 or did you apply to switch tier 4 sponsor?

parad0x
Newly Registered

Post by parad0x » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:02 am

I have switched from tier 4 to to tier2 successfully on monday itself.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 am

parad0x wrote:I have switched from tier 4 to to tier2 successfully on monday itself.
just make your spouse's application as soon as possible.

parad0x
Newly Registered

Post by parad0x » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 am

Yes, i am waiting for biometric card to do so. Is there some kind of delay as to when he can send his application? Thanks for the guidance