ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have my spouse docs ready.how do we make an appointment?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmurray
BANNED

I have my spouse docs ready.how do we make an appointment?

Post by jimmurray » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi,

My wife is to depose the spouse visa application in Accra, Ghana. Can you advise on what steps must be taken to make a deposition to the embassy? and also how can we pay the fee online/wire etc I refuse to use cash

Thanks

Jim

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:01 pm

The agency will be approved by the BHC (if its the same in Ghana like most other countrys who sub contract the application submission to 3rd party companies, like VFS, etc), so paying by cash or via a card should be fine.

If you want to pay online, need to contact the office and see if they accept online fee payment.

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 pm

flyguy wrote:The agency will be approved by the BHC (if its the same in Ghana like most other countrys who sub contract the application submission to 3rd party companies, like VFS, etc), so paying by cash or via a card should be fine.

If you want to pay online, need to contact the office and see if they accept online fee payment.
yes but how does it work? You just walk up to the VFS office? do you have to arrange appointment online? any details please share

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:39 am

jimmurray wrote:[quote ="flyguy"]The agency will be approved by the BHC (if its the same in Ghana like most other countrys who sub contract the application submission to 3rd party companies, like VFS, etc), so paying by cash or via a card should be fine.

yes but how does it work? You just walk up to the VFS office? do you have to arrange appointment online? any details please share[/quote]

Follow the instructions on the VFS website , this will give you country and location specific information
pennyless

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
jimmurray wrote:[quote ="flyguy"]The agency will be approved by the BHC (if its the same in Ghana like most other countrys who sub contract the application submission to 3rd party companies, like VFS, etc), so paying by cash or via a card should be fine.

yes but how does it work? You just walk up to the VFS office? do you have to arrange appointment online? any details please share
Follow the instructions on the VFS website , this will give you country and location specific information[/quote]

there is no info on making appointments..just an email address..I will try that

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:22 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

take a look at this too it gives lots of information
pennyless

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:52 am

pennylessinindia wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

so you do have to pay in cash..these guys are crooks...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:55 am

jimmurray wrote:

what's wrong with paying in cash?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 am

jimmurray wrote:

Hey what is up with your negative attitude all the time . They are not crooks . It is cash in most VFS offices around the world
pennyless

timothy
BANNED

Post by timothy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:11 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
jimmurray wrote:

Hey what is up with your negative attitude all the time . They are not crooks . It is cash in most VFS offices around the world
I agree, they choose this because it is inconvenient, adding an extra struggle to the whole proces. So how does a UK sponsor provide 800 cash to the spouse in another country?

A fair system would allow multiple payment options , this is 2012 we have advanced online payment systems

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:24 pm

timothy wrote:
pennylessinindia wrote:
jimmurray wrote:

I agree, they choose this because it is inconvenient, adding an extra struggle to the whole proces. So how does a UK sponsor provide 800 cash to the spouse in another country?

A fair system would allow multiple payment options , this is 2012 we have advanced online payment systems

It is fair system and cash is easy for most people and ensures a quick turn round rather than waiting for card and paying the extra costs etc
pennyless