ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fired solicitor, let this be a warning

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmurray
BANNED

fired solicitor, let this be a warning

Post by jimmurray » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 am

Today I fired my solicitor after what I consider serious incompetence. I was advised to send in my original passport, to the Ghana VFS office.

This sounded suspicious so I double checked with another solicitor, and he confirmed this was the most moronic advice ever and that the passport would most likely be cancelled and the application refused, causing it to fail before it even began.

I left a deposit of 500, the deal was 1000 in total. Is there any way I can retrieve some of the original deposit? From what I gather he only sent one letter and could not have done more than 1 hours work total on the whole application. This would mean, according to his cost list only £215 was accrued.

Who can I complain to and what evidence should I provide. I probably won't bother as he will just lie, and I really need to focus on the application right now anyway.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 am

Why not search on google and look for their regulatory body.

I am sorry to say this but if you are going to sort this visa out you should perhaps start looking at things on a positive note. It is hard enough to do the whole procedure, but by being so negative all the time it will not help.

If you look at postings here and on UKBA site that the sponsors original passport is not needed. Perhaps spend some time searching on this site and see the way people have approached the application procedure. It is a little complex but not impossible if you do in a methodical way
pennyless

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 am

Please continue in your previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.