ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC after getting a work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lifofifo

EC after getting a work permit

Post by lifofifo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:19 pm

Currently, I'm in India and I have a job offer from a company in UK. They're ready to apply for my work permit there. And if the work permit is appoved, I'd need to apply for EC here in India. I have some queries regarding the same.

- How long does it take to get EC in India for work permit holder ? I read it's 1-2 weeks for HSMP. Is it same for work permit holder ?

- What are the chances of getting the EC cleared ?

- Any idea on what all documents I'll need to apply for EC ?

Thanks,
Pratik

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Can someone help please ?

Thanks,
Pratik

rajkumarpatel

Post by rajkumarpatel » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi,
Even I have the same issue. I am not sure, they can call you for an interview also. Can someone tell the practical experience of the Entry Clearence.

regards
Raj

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:40 pm

The guidence notes for applying for EC in India can be found here:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

If you follow the instructions properly and provide all the necessary supporting documentation you will get your EC without any problems.

The people who usually get rejected are the ones who don't read the guidance notes properly!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.