ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR File

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BobbyUKENG

SAR File

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Dear Members,

I Would like to know about SAR a bit more, actually I'm in the process of applying my Ten Years ILR in June and gurus in this form mentioned that its always good to get SAR file. Well moving forward I want to apply SAR asap but I will be moving my address soon in a month, well in that case what should I do?

Because I can't wait for another one month for my new residential address because in that case I would be loosing a month nearly. also can I give any of my friends address stating that it is temporary address so that I can get my SAR file on to my friends address? because by the time I move my home SAR file wont be coming and also I got a fear that I may loose it. Can I write all these things in the covering letter?

What should I do in this case?

Please suggest me .
Thanks in Advance.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:35 pm

You can give your friend’s address.

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 pm

linkers wrote:You can give your friend’s address.
Thanks for your reply, I'm not sure whether my knowledge is right or not, do we have to send Bank statements, if so my bank statements will be having my address, will It conflict?

Or should I just send my Passport copy and HO reference number and in the covering letter should I explain them all these story or just give my friends address as my temporary address? please suggest me what I have to do and what all documents are needed in my case.

Only reason SAR contains lots of personal information hence I do not want to loose it by address problem.

Thanks in advance

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 pm

You can send a cover letter explaining that you are moving home and you want home office to send SAR at your friend’s address. Don’t tell them it’s your friend’s address, just say that’s your new address.
Last edited by linkers on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:41 pm

linkers wrote:You can send a cover letter explaining that you are moving home and you want home office to send SAR at your friend’s address. Don’t them it’s your friend’s address, just say that’s your new address.
Thanks once again for your Immediate reply,

I think I'm asking to many questions regarding SAR but finally I would like to ask you one small last query.

Do you think it wont be causing any conflicts later on while I apply for my ILR? Because in the HO records it will be that address and basically I wont be having any address proof for that? I would be applying ILR Very soon so I cant show my bank statements etc etc on that address right?/

Please reply me

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 pm

Another option for you:

If you already know your new address (even though you haven’t moved there yet), get your mails redirected to that address using Royal Mail Redirection Service. And give HO your current address.

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 pm

linkers wrote:Another option for you:

If you already know your new address (even though you haven’t moved there yet), get your mails redirected to that address using Royal Mail Redirection Service. And give HO your current address.
Hello Linkers,

Thanks for your response, I finally moved to my cousin's place, my previous landlord specifically said that I can't redirect any mails using her address. So My question is, I moved to new place and I do not have any new address proof. Do I have to send any address proof along with my SAR Application? Please let me know so that I want to Apply my SAR asap.

I have to just write a covering letter stating my address or in other words, what documents should I submit for SAR.
Please let me know as time is running out for me.
Thanks once again

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:02 pm

I am not sure as I never ordered SAR myself. You need to search for posts related to SAR on this forum.

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

BobbyUKENG wrote:

Hello Linkers,

Thanks for your response, I finally moved to my cousin's place, my previous landlord specifically said that I can't redirect any mails using her address. So My question is, I moved to new place and I do not have any new address proof. Do I have to send any address proof along with my SAR Application? Please let me know so that I want to Apply my SAR asap.

I have to just write a covering letter stating my address or in other words, what documents should I submit for SAR.
Thanks once again
You can contact royal mail and ask them to redirect your mail with your old address to your new address (i think you can do this online). this way royal mail will redirect your mails to your new address without any involvement from your land lady/lord.

hope that helps.

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 am

happ_go_lucky wrote:
BobbyUKENG wrote:

Hello Linkers,

Thanks once again
Y
ou can contact royal mail and ask them to redirect your mail with your old address to your new address (i think you can do this online). this way royal mail will redirect your mails to your new address without any involvement from your land lady/lord.
hope that helps.
Yes but a letter will go certainly to my landlord stating that Redirection has being started and she strictly said not to do redirection.

That;s the reason I wanted to ask whether In my covering letter can I just mention my new address, and I can;t send any kind of Address proof for my SAR, Will it be OK/
Thanks,

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Hello Linkers,

Thanks for your updates, I successfully moved to my new house, moving forward I got a letter from my Inland revenue regarding my tax code and it states my new address on that letter, can I use that letter for SAR for HO?
Will they accept that letter? because for my bank statement I have to still wait for another 2 weeks, but at the moment I got this letter with my new address on it. Please update me.
Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:44 pm

I think you should be fine with SAR. Inland Revenue letter should be enough to prove your new address.

Home Office would know the fact that you can’t get your address changed on everything instantly.

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:49 pm

linkers wrote:I think you should be fine with SAR. Inland Revenue letter should be enough to prove your new address.
Home Office would know the fact that you can’t get your address changed on everything instantly.
Should I send original documents or photocopies are enough?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:50 pm

I am not really sure as I never ordered SAR myself, please check other ports for SAR on this forum.
Last edited by linkers on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:16 pm

you can find all details from below link.
you need to send your passport copy and one original proof of address with your request.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:34 pm

just requested mine. they have acknowledged the receipt of my application and stated that they will get me one in next 40 days.

will post up once i have mine

BobbyUKENG

RE: SAR

Post by BobbyUKENG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Gurus,

I recently got my SAR File and I was happy to see all the documents which I applied were sent to me including the Visa Approval letters.

I got a small query, all my documents were been sent but one of my tax return which I have sent for my visa was not there in SAR File.

Please let me know is it common? when HO sent all the documents why they Haven't sent my Photocopy of my tax return?

Its nothing important as such but I was curios to know why.

Thanks in Advance

BobbyUKENG

Re: RE: SAR

Post by BobbyUKENG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Any one please?

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi Bobby,

For ID, do you need to send your original passport and also original address proof letter or a copy will do? Your answer will be much appreciated

Regards
neeta

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:32 pm

rneeta wrote:Hi Bobby,
For ID, do you need to send your original passport and also original address proof letter or a copy will do? Your answer will be much appreciated

Regards
neeta
Documents which I have sent for SAR

Photocopy of Passport
Latest Original Bank statement
Cheque or Postal order.
Home office references if you got any.