ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my solicitor useless?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:35 pm

jimmurray wrote:
vinny wrote:
jimmurray wrote:he claims that I need to send the original passport, and claims using a copy reduces success rate
The applicant's passport must be sent for endorsement.

However, if the sponsor and the sponsor's passport are in different countries, then the British Embassy may cancel the sponsor's British passport; therefore, sending the sponsor's certified passport copy is more appropriate.
sorry what is endorsment? never heard of this..how does it differ to sending a certified copy?
Endorsement is the technical term for either the visa or the refusal stamp!!
pennyless

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
jimmurray wrote:
vinny wrote:
jimmurray wrote:he claims that I need to send the original passport, and claims using a copy reduces success rate
The applicant's passport must be sent for endorsement.

However, if the sponsor and the sponsor's passport are in different countries, then the British Embassy may cancel the sponsor's British passport; therefore, sending the sponsor's certified passport copy is more appropriate.
sorry what is endorsment? never heard of this..how does it differ to sending a certified copy?
Endorsement is the technical term for either the visa or the refusal stamp!!
oh ok a post application thing then, thanks