ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on documents needed for Naturalization as UK citizen?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shiva11
Newly Registered

Help on documents needed for Naturalization as UK citizen?

Post by shiva11 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi , I got ILR on Mar 17 2011 ..
Legally I think I can apply for my naturlized british citizenship .. due from Mar 18th 2012..

please assist me on what else docs needed from my end ..?

I just finshed my contract job on last dec 2011...currently looking for new jobs ...is that constraint..or problem in getting my citizenship appplication process..that applicant should be in Job ? but my wife is working as perm employee with NHS..

Looking forward to those senior people who have done their process this yr ..?

Looking forward to ur reply ..

Appreciate for your help..

Kind Regards,
Shiva11

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 pm

The last page of the aplication form (form AN) clearly states what is required.

Employment is not required for naturalisation.

shiva11
Newly Registered

Post by shiva11 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Under Good character section ,they were asking for occupation and employment details ...should I leave it as blank then? pls advise

[quote="Jambo"]The last page of the aplication form (form AN) clearly states what is required.

Employment is not required for naturalisation.[/quote]

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:30 pm

When you said you finished your contract job in December, are you a contractor running his own limited company (or under umbrella company)? In that case, you might still be employed or self employed. If this was a fixed term contract as a PAYE and you are currently unemployed, I would write unemployed. The HO might ask for your tax records for precious years from HMRC but they will already have the needed information for that from other sections in the form.

shiva11
Newly Registered

Post by shiva11 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:35 pm

[quote="Jambo"]When you said you finished your contract job in December, are you a contractor running his own limited company (or under umbrella company)? In that case, you are self employed. If this was a fixed term contract as a PAYE and you are currently unemployed, I would write unemployed. The HO might ask for your tax records for precious years from HMRC but they will already have the needed information for that from other sections in the form.[/quote]

I worked under umberlla company ..from jun 2011 till dec 2011.. even i got paid for dec month on Jan 2012...

please advise me ... till may 2011 I worked as perm employee .. I have got my P60 for that till may 2011..

please advise me what doc I need to submit ....for how many yrs doc ..?

pls advise ... appreciate ur reply ..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:07 pm

In that case I would write "currently unemployed" and leave the rest blank.

As I said the HO will contact HMRC if they need your tax records. In your case, there is no need to provide any work related documents to support the naturalisation application.

shiva11
Newly Registered

Post by shiva11 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 pm

[quote="Jambo"]In that case I would write "currently unemployed" and leave the rest blank.

As I said the HO will contact HMRC if they need your tax records. In your case, there is no need to provide any work related documents to support the naturalisation application.[/quote]

Thank you very much for your help..