ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 month descretion - exception

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karbar2
Newly Registered

12 month descretion - exception

Post by karbar2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 am

Hi

I am a national of country that doesn't have embassy in UK anymore,
i recieved my ILR ( 10 years long residency ) couple of month ago,
my passport just expired and there is no where I can renew it in uk, and cant travel abroad because I dont have valid passport ..

can I apply for british citizenship before 12 month on this occasion ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

karbar2
Newly Registered

Post by karbar2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:54 am

vinny wrote:Probably not.
i have partner living in EU ( not officially married ) this means i cant visit her until I have my british?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 am

Probably easier if she visited you.

What's your country of origin?

See also Travelling abroad.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 am

There should be a way for you obtain new passport or [some kind of] travel document from your country [possibly from the embassy in an another country].

If you don't mind me asking, what country are you citizen of?

karbar2
Newly Registered

Post by karbar2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 am

jms_uk wrote:There should be a way for you obtain new passport or [some kind of] travel document from your country [possibly from the embassy in an another country].

iran, she is not well, she was in hospital for 6 month about 2years ago,
what are restriction of travel document?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am

Some countries may not recognise it.

karbar2
Newly Registered

Post by karbar2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 pm

jms_uk wrote:There should be a way for you obtain new passport or [some kind of] travel document from your country [possibly from the embassy in an another country].

if i obtain from embassy in another country ( lets say via postal service) , it may confuse uk authorities, will uk authorities stop me in the airport and questioon how i obtained new passport without having valid exit/entry stamp on my old passport?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Surely she is not the only Iranian living in the UK who has faced this issue. She should ask the consulate for advice. If a postal application is advised, I don't see that confusing the UK immigration.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:33 pm

karbar2 wrote: if i obtain from embassy in another country ( lets say via postal service) , it may confuse uk authorities, will uk authorities stop me in the airport and questioon how i obtained new passport without having valid exit/entry stamp on my old passport?
No, those two are not connected. I got my last passport in my embassy in London, and therefore, had no stamps of any kind in it before first travel. Just ensure to carry the old [expired] passport with ILR in it with you.

karbar2
Newly Registered

Post by karbar2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:06 pm

jms_uk wrote:
karbar2 wrote: if i obtain from embassy in another country ( lets say via postal service) , it may confuse uk authorities, will uk authorities stop me in the airport and questioon how i obtained new passport without having valid exit/entry stamp on my old passport?
No, those two are not connected. I got my last passport in my embassy in London, and therefore, had no stamps of any kind in it before first travel. Just ensure to carry the old [expired] passport with ILR in it with you.
im in uk now,lets say i get my new passport issued in france and sent to me, can i use that to travel? will they not quesiotn how i got passport issued for me in france without leaving uk ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 pm

karbar2 wrote:
jms_uk wrote:
im in uk now,lets say i get my new passport issued in france and sent to me, can i use that to travel? will they not quesiotn how i got passport issued for me in france without leaving uk ?
no - they are aware that the embassy in London is closed. In any case, they don't always stamp passports between the UK and France

karbar2
Newly Registered

Post by karbar2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:05 pm

vinny wrote:Some countries may not recognise it.
can i use it to travel to german?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:35 pm

What travel document are you talking about?

karbar2
Newly Registered

Post by karbar2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 am

Greenie wrote:What travel document are you talking about?
im on ILR and not a refugee,which one applies to me ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Someone in the UK posted on another forum that his passport was being renewed in Dublin:
Iranian Mission Abroad wrote:REPUBLIC OF IRLAND ( DUBLIN)
سفارت جمهوری اسلامی ایران – دوبلین
Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Dublin, Ireland
 Titel of Diplomatic Office:Embassy
Head of Diplomatic Office:
Date of Establishment:1983
Address:72 ,MOUNT MERRION AVE.BLACKROCK ,CO.
Address:DUBLIN IRELAND
P.O.Box:
Country-Area-Code:00353
Tel.:01 - 1885881-2880252-2882967-08858052
Fax:01 - 2834246
Emergency-Tel:
Consular Section:
Homepage:dublin.mfa.ir
E-mail:IRANEMBASSY@INDIGO.IE

karbar2
Newly Registered

Post by karbar2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm

thanks
i will phone them asap