ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Morris
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for children

Post by Morris » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi all,

I am British, married since 2008 to a Swazi lady who has a indefinite stay visa. We applied (via the Pretoria visa office) for UK settlement visas for her 2 children from a former partner, who live in Swaziland. The application was refused on several points, the most important, i suspect, stating that no father was named, and that it was not clear who was looking after the children. The children are being cared for by their grandmother, but i saw no question on the form that asked who was caring for them.

We obviously have the right of appeal, but my question is, if the appeal is refused, can we appeal again, or do we have to re-apply? Is it advisable to use a solicitor?

Many thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Can she show sole responsibility?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Morris
Newly Registered

Post by Morris » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, her mother is currently caring for them, but she's around 80 and her health's not good. (My wife also has a copy of her mum's birth certificate). My wife pays school fees for the children, and her ex-partner rarely sees them.

I presume a judge would want to see as much evidence as possible of contact with the children since she came to live in the UK.[/quote]