ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test - Beware of bad websites

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phoenix28
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test - Beware of bad websites

Post by Phoenix28 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello, just thought of sharing my experience of preparing and passing LIUK test.

I used below resources to prepare for my test.

1.Official LIUK book
2.Official practise tests book
3.http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1

In my experience #1 & #2 were the most useful and reliable resources

#3 is a good website with 55 free practice tests, which requires no registration or signing in. However there were few answers which conflicts with the official book.

Finally, the worst part - a colleague gave me this below link my mistake instead of a different website. I paid £6.99 for 90 days of access and found every single penny spent on it was waste.

Registering & payment were straight forward and took no time to finish. However tons of questions in this website had typos, mixed cases, entirely wrong answers. After answering more than 10 question you often get an error message saying "oops, we are extremely sorry but the website can't process you request". Then you have to start a different test from the beginning. This happened at least 1 out of 3 times I accessed the practise test.

Please do not waste your money on such websites. Completing the 17 tests in the official practise book would be very much sufficient to pass the exam.

www. british citizenship test . co . uk (remove the spaces between, due to some reasons it appears as 'spammer.co.uk' in the forum , if i type the url without spaces)

Actual exam:

Test was quite easy, however there were few not straight-forward questions like the one below:

What were the rights that women had before 1900?

A.Right for equal pay
B.Right to divorce
C.Right to vote
D.Right to retain their money & property in their own name after marriage

I'm glad it's over and now started preparing documents for my ILR.

Regards.

shawinam

Post by shawinam » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 pm

www.lifeintheuk.org
This is free site only have to register once.
Practice questions are very similiar to real test.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 am

there is no need for anything other than the official books . Even free sites not worth wasting time on .
It is all in the books
pennyless

lukt
- thin ice -

Post by lukt » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 am

You don't need to buy anything,
even a fully fledged i-phone app can be had for free for the test from lifeuk.info/blog/
you don't need to read the book, but can use a summery to get an idea about the test and the app or the questions to train for the exam.

y.pango
Newly Registered

Post by y.pango » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:13 pm

My studying experience and tips are detailed here:
http://pangosworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... t-ilr.html

Good luck! :D

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 pm

I found the book to be more than enough. I read it over several lunch times (30min each) at work then went through the practice tests at the back - the only chapter I had to read twice was the history one - other than that the book is all you need. Why pay more for something you already have????