ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Benefit

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

expresso
Newly Registered

Claiming Benefit

Post by expresso » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi all,
Does claiming any benefit can affect my newborn daughter to obtain british passport? I used to and still claimimg working tax credit.

Background
I am french citizen living in the UK since 2003.
Got my permanent residence comfirmation last month (january 2012)
Baby born this month )feburuary 2012)

One more question do i have to send back to IPS all the document which i sent to Home Office last time or my PR card should be enough?

Thanks a lot.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Claiming Benefit

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 pm

expresso wrote:Hi all,
Does claiming any benefit can affect my newborn daughter to obtain british passport? I used to and still claimimg working tax credit.
Should not although IPS sometimes have a different view if you apply without a PR confirmation (which is not your case).
One more question do i have to send back to IPS all the document which i sent to Home Office last time or my PR card should be enough?
Just the PR card (and your passport + the child full UK birth certificate).