ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LITUK test

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pnlakshmi
Newly Registered

Post by pnlakshmi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:58 pm

The following site was very useful for me and most of the questions came from either of these two.

1. http://lbbd.gocitizen.co.uk/library/ (30 day trial version free, pay for full database access)
2. "How to Pass the Life in the UK Test, from Which?" is available in libraries. The book comes with a CD and preparing the sample tests in the CD helps a lot.

To my experience the two are genuine and i noticed similar questions in the test.

pnlakshmi
Newly Registered

Post by pnlakshmi » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:21 pm

ashubhatt

Post by ashubhatt » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi All,

Would if be enough If I do all (20) practice test from 'Life in the UK Test' Study Guide for passing the test?

There are 7 chapters in the book that I have ignored, I beleive 20 practice test are made of that only(guessing).

I have seen the web site link over here for the practice test that I will go through, but just wanted to know if I need to do read anything else.

As per your experience what should I do?

Any advice/ tips.

jko
Newly Registered

Post by jko » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 pm

ashubhatt wrote:Hi All,

Would if be enough If I do all (20) practice test from 'Life in the UK Test' Study Guide for passing the test?

There are 7 chapters in the book that I have ignored, I beleive 20 practice test are made of that only(guessing).

I have seen the web site link over here for the practice test that I will go through, but just wanted to know if I need to do read anything else.

Any advice/ tips.
I only read the TSO Life in the United Kingdom, Passing the life in the UK Test, Official practice questions and answers and I passed today. It only took me 7 minutes to complete the 24 questions. If you are a member of your local library, you can also register free online to use the GoCitizen practice questions and answers free for 30days. Good luck.

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Post by meet2tripathi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Can anyone please suggest if material in TSO's official book "Life in the United Kingdom A Journey to Citizenship Handbook - 2nd Edition" is matching with the available copyrighted book which is free to download?

tehmer

Post by tehmer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 pm

How many question are there for practise?
jko wrote:
ashubhatt wrote:Hi All,

Any advice/ tips.
I only read the TSO Life in the United Kingdom, Passing the life in the UK Test, Official practice questions and answers and I passed today. It only took me 7 minutes to complete the 24 questions. If you are a member of your local library, you can also register free online to use the GoCitizen practice questions and answers free for 30days. Good luck.

LankanFunkin

Download the app!

Post by LankanFunkin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:57 am

Just a heads up - theres a really good app on iTunes that you can download as well, which has sample test questions and the right answers. I did that, and practised regularly on my commutes in the morning. In fact, I learnt more from that than trying to read the book! Highly recommend it.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 am

What is it called?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:12 am

vinny wrote:What is it called?
The Official Life In The UK Test, by Release Mobile

barker

Post by barker » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:42 am

Its also available on the Androoid market. Search for Life in the UK. There is an official app by The Stationery Office Ltd for £4.99 I used this to practise and it is quite helpful

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 am

Does the test only cover unit 2-6? The links above only seem to focus on that. Where as the book has units 1-8.

barker

Post by barker » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:41 am

The test only covers sections 2 to 6 and the android app also covers the same sections. i do not know about other apps.

The additional sections in the book are not included in the test but are general knowledge sections. You can skip it if you want but it does make for interesting reading

y.pango
Newly Registered

Studying tips for Life in the UK test

Post by y.pango » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:11 am

The link below details my studying experience for Life in the UK test when using various resources:
- Official Life in the UK book
- Audio CD book
- Life in the UK official & unofficial i.Phone App
- Study notes

Hope you find it useful :)

http://pangosworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... t-ilr.html