ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wating for COS allocation but 12 days remaining on visa.HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vista
Newly Registered

wating for COS allocation but 12 days remaining on visa.HELP

Post by vista » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 am

hi ,
my HR has applied for cos allocation on 14th feb2012. waiting for cos allocation. my PSW visa expires on 2 march 2012.

i have 5 question regarding this situation:
1. incase we keep waiting for allocation, can i apply for tier 2 without cos and then later send the cos separately?is that allowed

2. cos allocation takes 3-5 working days . is that true?

3. can anyone provide me with contact number , department or email address to request urgent cos allocation

4. can i apply for temporary extension of visa till my HR gets cos allocated ?

5. what else can i do inthis situation other then wait for cos allocation.

thanks. any help or advise or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

vista
Newly Registered

Post by vista » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 pm

can anyone please contribute to this..:(

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi mate,

Since you PM'D me I will see what I can do, I usually only reply to the questions I know the answer.

1. I'm not sure about this, I don't want to mislead you. wait for an expert advice on this. As far as I know if you apply without a COS your application becomes invalid or refused. Not sure if you can send the COS after the application. I know people have done this before but only when they applied with a COS but found it was the wrong COS. Whether you can apply without a COS and send it later I don't know.

2. Have your company requested additional allocations? Or did your company got registered with UKBA for the sole purpose of sponsoring you? Have they got other migrants sponsored already? If your company applied for license just to sponsor you then you must have already been allocated a COS? If your HR requested an increase in COS then it takes about 2-3 weeks usually and in some cases longer. You can try calling or emaling them.

3. SponsorshipPBSenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 4699
(They won't give you much help and whatever they are saying is not always correct in my experience)

4. I don't think you can apply for any temporary visa I'm afraid.

5. Ask your HR to contact UKBA and also PRAY.

Good luck man.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

vista
Newly Registered

Post by vista » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks for your info.

My company is already licenced A rated sponsor. My HR has requested an increase in CoS allocation.

thanks

john353

Post by john353 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:30 pm

In my case the HR applied for a COS allocation increase and didn't get anything for 3 weeks despite follow ups with ukba. During one of the follow ups ukba said they have received our request and it could take 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks when HR called ukba over this, they say they haven't received our request!!! So they reapplied and this time we got the COS in 3 days!

Summary: Make sure you follow up regularly with UKBA and each time confirm if the COS request is in their system. Don't take it for granted what UKBA says.

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:25 pm

If you would consider my opinion i would say that do follow up regularly with UKBA. Ask your HR to contact the concerned people with more formal request explaining you situation.

I hope that would work out. If it doesnt still you can go ahead apply without cos (but i dont think you can do this visa online application as the rules have changed.)

vista
Newly Registered

Post by vista » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks guys.

i have got two contact to follow up.

SponsorshipPBSenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 4699

are there any other contact that might be useful. please provide if you know any.
i will ask my HR to keep pushing this request over.

thanks

Raone

Post by Raone » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:51 pm

I think ask your employer to do it. And if the HR a native- resolution is quick compare to Non. Email as well so that everything is recorded, UKBA normally respond within 3-5 days. I do hope this will be resolved but make sure your employer calls and inform UKBA about the situation to speed up.

vista
Newly Registered

Post by vista » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:04 pm

do you think i should apply without cos then later when i do get cos allocated i send a change of circumstance with the cos ref number.

will this help?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 am

vista wrote:Thanks for your info.

My company is already licenced A rated sponsor. My HR has requested an increase in CoS allocation.

thanks
If the increase in allocation has already been requested online through the sponsor management system, ask HR to send an email to scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
explaining the circumstances and requesting urgent treatment.
Once this has been done ask HR to check online daily if the increased allocation has come through.
I know of one case, whiere the allocation increase requested was for a Tier 2 ICT CoS and the urgent treatment request resulted in the increased allocation being granted overnight.
Once the increased allocation is available the CoS can be assigned online iimmediately by an authorised person.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:25 am

manci wrote:
vista wrote:Thanks for your info.

thanks
If the increase in allocation has already been requested online through the sponsor management system, ask HR to send an email to scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
explaining the circumstances and requesting urgent treatment.
Once this has been done ask HR to check online daily if the increased allocation has come through.
I know of one case, whiere the allocation increase requested was for a Tier 2 ICT CoS and the urgent treatment request resulted in the increased allocation being granted overnight.
Once the increased allocation is available the CoS can be assigned online iimmediately by an authorised person.
When my HR put down the wrong COS we had to cancel our COS and request an allocation. We sent an email and then called them up and we were given the COS overnight as well. 8)
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)