ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rithi
Newly Registered

Post by Rithi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:56 pm

hi friends,

iam new for this site. i send my set(o) application as a workpermit holder(5 years) last november 15th. money is taken from my account 16th november. i received conformation letter from ukba 17th november. still waiting.. waiting.. waiting...

cuncfbrk
Newly Registered

Post by cuncfbrk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Rithi wrote:hi friends,

iam new for this site. i send my set(o) application as a workpermit holder(5 years) last november 15th. money is taken from my account 16th november. i received conformation letter from ukba 17th november. still waiting.. waiting.. waiting...
Hi Rithi,

So, our applications are the same type, SET (O) as a workpermit holder (5 years). I sent mine to ukba 2 weeks earlier than yours and am still waiting too. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the positive result comes soon!!!!
Last edited by cuncfbrk on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rithi
Newly Registered

Post by Rithi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:21 pm

u know friends still i didnt see my son who born in india last november11th 2011.. bcos of my ILR...[/b]

MiraclePrayer
Newly Registered

wait the worth

Post by MiraclePrayer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:36 pm

superman555 wrote:
2011ILR-2012 wrote:Hi guys

I did not send any expediate letter, nor lawyer. I think, if no gaps in between visas and no criminal records. it should be quick.

Thank you very much guys.
O yeah - tell me about that again!!! What do you mean by "if no gaps in between visas?" is there ever a gap in between visas? Don't we all renew our visas before it expires? If there's a gap you simply become an over stayer & illegal with no chance of extending your visa again at least in the UK.

I think you should count yourself extremely & extra-ordinarilly lucky to get you passport back within 2 months. You talked about criminal conviction also - I've never been stopped by the police let alone know where a court is in my over 5 years in the UK. I have only been out of UK for 7 days (including departure & arrival dates) in 5 years. So when you talk about straight forward application I think I have one of the straightest application yet I have still not received my passport back in almost 5 months now so just count yourself really really lucky okay?

Easy Superman. I know it gets very frustrating ... but believe me the wait will be worth it.

Polly_s, remind me again when you are away from. Must not forget to continue your good work.

paperclip101
Newly Registered

Post by paperclip101 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Can someone provide me with the email for expedition?

Since applying in early December, we have had numerous issues come up for which I (UK citizen) and my wife (US citizen applying for ILR) have need of our passports.

For the record, our info is as follows:

Sent application (SET-M): 5 Dec, 2011
Acknowledgement letter: 7 Dec, 2011

Many thanks!

superman555

Re: wait the worth

Post by superman555 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:40 pm

MiraclePrayer wrote:Easy Superman. I know it gets very frustrating ... but believe me the wait wiill be worth it.

Polly_s, remind me again when you are away from. Must not forget to continue your good work.
Miracleprayer - I thought you should have received yours by now? Could HO machine have broken down? Early September applicants had started receiving their passports back as back as 3 weeks ago & I thought you should have received yours by now. UKBA actually sucks.

unfair

Post by unfair » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 pm

I have a very strong suspicion that they are deliberately delaying the applications in order to mass migrate all ILR applicants onto the identity card system as a bird told me me it'll be rolled in starting April 2012. Just a thought

superman555

Post by superman555 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm

unfair wrote:I have a very strong suspicion that they are deliberately delaying the applications in order to mass migrate all ILR applicants onto the identity card system as a bird told me me it'll be rolled in starting April 2012. Just a thought
The issuance of BRP for ILR applicants is actually from 29th February and not April. However this will be for application made from 29th February and can't affect all applications submitted before 29th February

bump

Post by bump » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 pm

superman555 wrote:
2011ILR-2012 wrote:Hi guys

I did not send any expediate letter, nor lawyer. I think, if no gaps in between visas and no criminal records. it should be quick.

Thank you very much guys.
O yeah - tell me about that again!!! What do you mean by "if no gaps in between visas?" is there ever a gap in between visas? Don't we all renew our visas before it expires? If there's a gap you simply become an over stayer & illegal with no chance of extending your visa again at least in the UK.

I think you should count yourself extremely & extra-ordinarilly lucky to get you passport back within 2 months. You talked about criminal conviction also - I've never been stopped by the police let alone know where a court is in my over 5 years in the UK. I have only been out of UK for 7 days (including departure & arrival dates) in 5 years. So when you talk about straight forward application I think I have one of the straightest application yet I have still not received my passport back in almost 5 months now so just count yourself really really lucky okay?

I think it is so unfair they don't consider applications in first come first served basis. (no offense 2011ILR-2012). OK there may be complications, but at least they should inform the applicant about this before they consider the next in line. even some third world countries, as they call them, use text messages to inform the applicants about the progress of visa applications. its just a simple thing. sometimes i cant believe i am in a developed country.

polly_s

Post by polly_s » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:25 pm

hey, reading this i feel sorry for people who get their passports back "too qickly"!!!

why to take your own frustration on members of the forum?!
even with no criminal records, points on your driving licence we still have our own individual case! you dont know the whole background of the person and i assume he wont show off with all he has got in his pocket)

chill out "superman" ..

polly_s

Post by polly_s » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 pm

MiraclePrayer, thanks for remembering! I am very very busy starting tomorrow! feel free to update the list! cheers

msimran1
Newly Registered

Post by msimran1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi everyone, first great work you guys doing here, well done.

I'm new here and here is my story for last few weeks:

SET (O) JR
18 Jan 12 Application Sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery
23 Jan 12 Checked tracking, parcel not delivered, Called RM No update.
Called, emailed, tweets everyday but no response from RM,
Very frustrating
02 Feb 12 Finally letter from RM confirming that parcel has been lost
03 Feb 12 Went to police station and reported lost items
04 Feb 12 Out of curosity checked RM tracking which showed that parcel
was delivered yesterday ie 03 February
06 Feb 12 Money taken from bank account
10 Feb 12 Acknowledgement letter arrived

Thats the begining... considering the waiting times, I wish I can hibernate!!! :shock:

If I knew about this website before, I should never had sent my application by post!!! :x

Rithi
Newly Registered

Post by Rithi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 am

Until today 3 good months finished.......still iam waiting for my ILR....

application sent by post 14/11/11
money taken from my account 16/11/11
acknowledgement letter received 17/11.11

set(O) work permit holder (5years single Employer no gab) still waiting.....................

manishchaudhry

Post by manishchaudhry » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 am

Rithi wrote:Until today 3 good months finished.......still iam waiting for my ILR....

set(O) work permit holder (5years single Employer no gab) still waiting.....................
I am in same situation and almost same dates

application sent by post 16/11/11
money taken from my account 18/11/11
acknowledgement letter received 19/11/11
Waiting.... obviously

set(O) work permit holder (5years single Employer)

Please do update when you hear any news and I would do the same.
Would be interesting to see if the processing time is also similar for both of us.

cuncfbrk
Newly Registered

Post by cuncfbrk » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 am

manishchaudhry wrote:
Rithi wrote:Until today 3 good months finished.......still iam waiting for my ILR....

Waiting.... obviously

Would be interesting to see if the processing time is also similar for both of us.
Hi Rithi and manishchaudhry,

I am the same with you guys too, set(O) work permit holder (5years single Employer). I sent my application end of last October, got ack. letter and money taken last November, and I am still waiting.

Hope we all hear good news SOON.

Rithi
Newly Registered

Post by Rithi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 am

cuncfbrk wrote:
manishchaudhry wrote:

Waiting.... obviously

Hi Rithi and manishchaudhry,

I am the same with you guys too, set(O) work permit holder (5years single Employer). I sent my application end of last October, got ack. letter and money taken last November, and I am still waiting.

Hope we all hear good news SOON.
Thank you friend .. we can get good news very soon

hiphop
Newly Registered

Post by hiphop » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:45 am

I am getting really annoyed with ukba. My wife applied for her ilr set m 4/11/2011 and we have heard nothing since. I thought set m were done in 8-10 weeks but looking at the list it appers that ukba is slower than ever.
can you please add me to your list.
Hopefully we will all get some good news soon and then perhaps we can start a campaign to get HO to change ukba practices???

pymapp
Newly Registered

Post by pymapp » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 pm

bob-russell wrote:My advice is not to freak out if the delay is so long. Many of us are in the same position! I suspect they have just not got round to looking at the applications!

I doubt an email requesting an application be expedited will get you any where. The UKBA clearly feel untouchable and hide behind the poor service standards (which should be minimum standards).

I suggest we all email a letter of complaint to the UKBA complaints address once the passports are safely back in your hands. Copy it to the immigration minister and your MP. These complaints need to be processed and only if the numbers are too great will things change.

I expect higher standards when I pay £1500 to the government.
Excellent advice, comments and suggestion. Agree 100%.

liner2011
Newly Registered

Timeline for set o JR

Post by liner2011 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my timeline for Set O JR application.

Sent application on 21/09/11 by special delivery.
HO received application on 22/09/11Money taken shortly afterward and i received the acknowledgement letter.
Received passport for me and wifey with ILR stamp (Liverpool) on 16/02/12 by special delivery (I included another special delivery envelope when i sent it)
ILR stamp on passport dated 06/02/12.Straight forward application like any other Set O JR application.

Total time taken: exactly 21 weeks.

Wishing everyone good luck and this should lift others spirit.

Note: I did not contact HO for anything.

superman555

Re: Timeline for set o JR

Post by superman555 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:01 pm

liner2011 wrote:Hi Everyone,

HO received application on 22/09/11Money taken shortly afterward and i received the acknowledgement letter.
Received passport for me and wifey with ILR stamp (Liverpool) on 16/02/12 by special delivery (I included another special delivery envelope when i sent it)
ILR stamp on passport dated 06/02/12.Straight forward application like any other Set O JR application.

Congrats liner2011 at least this has lifted my spirit & given me some hope 'cos I sent my application 2 days after you so fingers crossed I should start the count down...

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Congs liner2011! Enjoy the moment!
God has made everything beautiful in its time

cuncfbrk
Newly Registered

Post by cuncfbrk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:16 am

liner2011 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can't help wonder... Why did it take another 10 days to be sent after stamped on 06/02/12??? The unba people just have no clue that we are waiting like being tortured, do they!?

tushars
Newly Registered

Change in account details

Post by tushars » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am

Hi All

Been waiting for 15 weeks now ILR SET(O) no dependents.

I want to know if I should update the HO regarding changes to some of the details provided 4 months ago.

I had provided bank statements as proof of sufficient funds (not proof of income/salary). In the past few months I had to change the account and move money to another bank as the first account expires after and year.

If the case worker looks into the account it will now show closed.

Should I update the HO with the change in bank account details?
If yes , what address (postal/email) should I be sending the new bank statements and whom should the letter be addressed?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

with regards

chrisrich

Re: Change in account details

Post by chrisrich » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:20 pm

@tushars,
Post on the main forum, some one with more experience will be able to help. Hopefully, we shall get many success stories next week, can't wait!
Last edited by chrisrich on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:59 pm

It is very easy to breath a sigh of relief and try to forget the miserable performance of the UKBA but unless everyone kept waiting for daft periods of time complain after the event nothing will change. I will formulate a template for complaints when I can. I will start a new thread to get other peoples opinions. The present situation is not acceptable and must be changed!

It may be worth putting together a list of email addresses for the complaints to be sent to! I am not sure if this is against forum rules. I would appreciate it if someone would clarify that!