ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Card Not Received after Visa extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liverpool 29
Newly Registered

Biometric Card Not Received after Visa extension

Post by Liverpool 29 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 am

Hi,

I had applied for my Visa extension last week from india along with all the relevent documents i had attached my Biometric card that was issued to me last time (There was no stampings in my passport).

Today i have received my visa extension for two years but i found that they have not returned my Biometric card.

Has anyone faced similar situation?
Do they hold the Biometric card at their end when they issue a new visa?

I need to travel to UK in a weeks time please could anyone suggest if there would be any issues.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Extension has to be done within UK not from your home country. If you applied for switching, as far as I understand you dont have to submit your BRP while applying...
Also, since you have a valid visa on your passport why do you bother about your card.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 pm

It is standard practice for the BRP to be retained once a new visa (issued from outside the UK) or residence permit (issued from inside the UK) is issued. Your old BRP has been superseded by your new visa.