ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Granted - with NARIC letters

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pulse1

FLR Granted - with NARIC letters

Post by pulse1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi All

My wife has been granted FLR at PEO ( same day appointment). I had ILR. She did not give english language test (which is mandatory now) but instead produced her original bachelors degree and two letters from NARIC to claim exemption on english language requirement. One NARIC letter was for ''degree equivalence' and second letter was for ''taught in english''.

Overall experience was pleasant and every member at PEO was polite and nice

let me know if you have any questions

regards

Sanhadi
Newly Registered

Post by Sanhadi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:24 pm

can u plz tell meif there is nething mention on ur wife visa....restriction to work as a training doctor??

pulse1

Post by pulse1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

she has not received the BRP till now. The letter given on the appointment day does not say anything about restriction to work. Once we receive BRP I will let you know if there is any restriction mentioned on that

sud
Newly Registered

Post by sud » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Congratulations on getting the visa. I am also planning to apply for FLR (M) visa for my wife on 16th this month. But, I have got only one letter from UK NARIC saying her degree was taught in english and equivalent to CEFR level C1. Do I also need to get the other letter for degree equivalence?

If possible can you also mention the list of documents you submitted for FLR visa?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Sud

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: FLR Granted - with NARIC letters

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:56 pm

pulse1 wrote:Hi All

My wife has been granted FLR at PEO ( same day appointment). I had ILR. She did not give english language test (which is mandatory now) but instead produced her original bachelors degree and two letters from NARIC to claim exemption on english language requirement. One NARIC letter was for ''degree equivalence' and second letter was for ''taught in english''.

regards
congratss... which english language test is maunadatory now ? my wife has passed Life in UK still she need to do any english language test ?

can you plz explain me procedure how to get NARIC letters ?

much appreciate...

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Post by Maggie Xing » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:07 pm

regards
Congrats! Can you please tell me at which PEO you applied for ILR?

sud
Newly Registered

Post by sud » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:13 am

fahadz1 wrote:

regards
congratss... which english language test is maunadatory now ? my wife has passed Life in UK still she need to do any english language test ?

can you plz explain me procedure how to get NARIC letters ?

much appreciate...
Life in UK test is not needed if you are applying for FLR(M) visa. You would only need to satisfy english language requirement. Look at the UK NARIC website, which give more information about the documents you need to send. You need to send photocopies of Bachelor degree certificate to UK NARIC and pay the fees online, they will send the letter in about 3 weeks time.

UK NARIC provides two types of letter one which compares degree with UK equivalent and another letter which confirms if the degree is taught in english. I am still not sure if we need to get both the letters!!!! I got the second.

Let us wait for pulse1 to respond

pulse1

Post by pulse1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:08 pm

We got both the letters... if you see the form....in the section in which you tick what all evidences you have provided ... it clrealy says "evidence that degree is equivalent to UK degree AND it was taught in english".

So we got both letters to be on safe side.... we applied at Solihull... the lady took

1. Form
2. Photo
3. Orignial degree
4. Both Naric letters
5. Last 3 months payslips OR bank statements of the person having ILR
6. Marriage certificate

I carried lot of other papers... but the above are the ones she asked for. Also payment was done on HSBC Visa Debit card and it was done after she confirmed that everything is ok

sud
Newly Registered

Post by sud » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks pulse1 for your reply. When I asked UKBA enquiries office regarding this they said it is enough, but now I am getting confused again with the word AND in the sentence "evidence that degree is equivalent to UK degree AND it was taught in english"

At the same time I dont want to wait for another 3 weeks to get the second letter from UK NARIC. Can any of the senior members or even someone who has been successful in FLR(M) visa please help me in this regard.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:29 pm

thanks pulse1 for ur reply..... on this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/

its saying applicant have to sent accommodation evidence and evidence that you can maintain yourself etc....

my wife dont need to send any bankstatament > is that correct ? only My payslips or bankstatment will be fine ? because i need to maintain 3 monhts bankstatments if no then i need to maintain her bankstatement....

please confirm....

pulse1

Post by pulse1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Since you seem to be applying by post - I would say that do send accomodation proof. I applied at PEO. So anything that was asked for was provided. Accomodation proof was not asked. But I did carry it.

If you hold ILR then only your bank statements and payslips should suffice.

sud
Newly Registered

Post by sud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:12 pm

I managed to get FLR(M) visa for my wife with only one UKNARIC letter. Of course I need to go for the premium appointment at Belfast PEO and it all went very smoothly. Had I knew it was this simple, I would have gone for postal application and saving few grands.

Thanks a lot to all the contributors of this website. It really helped me a lot.

Regards,

Sud

aditipritam

Not required

Post by aditipritam » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:32 pm

If the degree was taught in one of the university \ college which is there on the points calculator screen and is recognized there, then no other NAARIC certificate is required. Read the official guide, it says:
How can I check if my degree/PhD meets the criteria for the English language requirement before I make an application?[/b]

You can check this using the Points Based Calculator which can be located at the following UK Border Agency web address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
The calculator contains information from UK NARIC as to which academic qualifications they deem to have been taught to the standard of a Bachelors or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK. When you start using the calculator input any answer you wish until you get to the page on ‘English language’. Then select I have a qualification that was taught in English
On the following page ‘English language – qualifications’
enter the details of your qualification as requested including country of award; qualification; institution or body: course length, course subject and year of award.

sud
Newly Registered

Post by sud » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:41 pm

I know there is no need for it in case of points based system. But in FLR(M) application there is no mention of either the points based calculator. It only asks if the degree has been verified by UK NARIC as to be taught in english/ or you could provide a letter from the university saying that the degree was taught in english.

I think the points based system is valid for main applicants for Tier-1/tier-2 visas.

1980fk
Newly Registered

Post by 1980fk » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi
I am pretty much in the same situation. i have ILR and will be applying for mywife's FLR(M).
Do we have to maintain any funds on my bank statments? my wife doesnt work. I am working and my annual income is 27600 which goes directly in my bank account. I do not have any savings and any pay that comes in we spend it near about all of it every month.
Please advise if we need to maintain a bank statment. (We do not Claim any benefits)

Regards

sud
Newly Registered

Post by sud » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:32 pm

1980fk wrote:Hi
I am pretty much in the same situation. i have ILR and will be applying for mywife's FLR(M).
Do we have to maintain any funds on my bank statments? my wife doesnt work. I am working and my annual income is 27600 which goes directly in my bank account. I do not have any savings and any pay that comes in we spend it near about all of it every month.
Please advise if we need to maintain a bank statment. (We do not Claim any benefits)

Regards
I am afraid you may need to show some savings in your bank account. There is no minimum amount mentioned in the FLR(M) guidelines, but I presume they would consider it as they do it for other tier-1/tier-2 dependant visas. It is safer to have a balance of £800+£522 (per dependant) maintained for three months.

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 am

sud wrote:I know there is no need for it in case of points based system. But in FLR(M) application there is no mention of either the points based calculator. It only asks if the degree has been verified by UK NARIC as to be taught in english/ or you could provide a letter from the university saying that the degree was taught in english.

I think the points based system is valid for main applicants for Tier-1/tier-2 visas.
Not sure what you are saying is correct... I've pasted links for PDF for 'Information for applicants on the new English language
requirement for partners'

go to the news page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-partners

Then, read the PDF here (and read page 9) : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

So clearly you don't need it...

kriti
Newly Registered

Post by kriti » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 am

Hi,

I got remarried to a British citizen and my FLR - M visa was granted yesterday at Liverpool PEO. I was not having any letter from NARIC. They told me that if they do not find my degree getting points for English language on NARIC website, I will lose all 850 pounds. They checked my B.Com degree which gave 0 points. My heart sank. Then I requested them to check my MBA degree as I had got my Tier 1 visa on its behalf. They checked it and it was approved. A narrow escape :) They and took a print of that and attached it to my form. My visa was granted.

Still have to worry about my son's visa who is in India with my mom:(

regards,
Kriti
aditipritam wrote:
sud wrote:I know there is no need for it in case of points based system. But in FLR(M) application there is no mention of either the points based calculator. It only asks if the degree has been verified by UK NARIC as to be taught in english/ or you could provide a letter from the university saying that the degree was taught in english.

Not sure what you are saying is correct... I've pasted links for PDF for 'Information for applicants on the new English language

Then, read the PDF here (and read page 9) : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 pm

kriti wrote:Hi,

I got remarried to a British citizen and my FLR - M visa was granted yesterday at Liverpool PEO. I was not having any letter from NARIC. They told me that if they do not find my degree getting points for English language on NARIC website, I will lose all 850 pounds. They checked my B.Com degree which gave 0 points. My heart sank. Then I requested them to check my MBA degree as I had got my Tier 1 visa on its behalf. They checked it and it was approved. A narrow escape :) They and took a print of that and attached it to my form. My visa was granted.

regards,
Kriti
aditipritam wrote:

is your degree from different institution than from the your masters?
you know why BCom was not recognized? have you looked up for this in the points calculator??

kriti
Newly Registered

Post by kriti » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 am

Both are from the same university but there is a gap of around 10 years in their awarding years. May be a 3 year degree is not recognised by NARIC but a 4 year BE / B.Tech degree is.

Anyway, it is better to get a letter from NARIC as it saves you from the tension of getting a rejection on this basis.
aditipritam wrote:
kriti wrote:Hi,

regards,
Kriti
aditipritam wrote:

is your degree from different institution than from the your masters?
you know why BCom was not recognized? have you looked up for this in the points calculator??