ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 am

i think we should write to the minister and highlight this problem.they should make some kind of website you can check your status of your application etc etc

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Sohanjanvi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:09 am

H Guys,
Well when i was waiting and trying to call and get some sort of answer,it was same. I think the problem is bureaucracy and their mentality, it is very strongly fixed in the system how they have to slow down any process. Now the change is making them work in a different mindset. So they are taking time to adjust properly nothing else.Website is a good idea mate, but big question is who will update this website in time? The experience that i have here with the departments and their work, it is more likely that u may get citizenship before the proper update in site. So i think we need to bring some chilling idea to shake the system to the core of its slowness. :twisted: :D

Malika

Post by Malika » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 am

That is the point. All luck mostly and nothing to do with sequence of submission :)

We cannot rely on most of the information tied to "I called today and they said.........."

It is just unwise for people to come to the forum and set unrealistic expectations.

All the best everyone :)[/quote]

Yeah, very true. Just don't rely on call to INIS to get correct info. mostly you don't get it or what you are given is regurgitated misinformation. If you think a chronological order is being followed, throw that thought out of the window!
Just wanted to ask...... What does it mean when one is told " Your application is at an advanced stage"
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

dhang

Post by dhang » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:35 am

IQU wrote:i think we should write to the minister and highlight this problem.they should make some kind of website you can check your status of your application etc etc

Great idea, we should get everybody's signature and send to the minister.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:29 am

advanced stage,its mean all the formalities are completed.your file will be send to minister for his decision.good luck.i think at this time 90% people file should completed final stage process because spring is not very far.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm

is anyone ring citizenship divsion today ? any new approvals any news for new approvals ???????????????

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

IQU wrote:but some cases are staright forward.if you already submit the all the p 60 and p 21 since you arrived to ireland ,with current payslips, job letter, job contract letter, bank statement ,from country of your origin police clearance cert,birth cert also stamp from your embassy to prove it is original copy,if you hold private security licence (they cant issue you without clearance from garda vetting unit).i think they should not be delay.i wish everybody good luck hope in next few weeks alot of approval going to issues.
That list is beyond the scope of requirements for citizenship application.

The requirement is clear and I am not sure going that far is going to make any difference, at least I am not aware of anyone who received his approval quickly on the basis of supplying excessive proof :)

All the same, I will everyone all the best.

salem66
Newly Registered

Post by salem66 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 pm

All what I hear from the people I know is that all the people applied for citizenship and already have long residence their applications were fast tracked and they got approval very quickly!! For some they got approval within 3 months!
I do not have long residence!! :x Waiting game!! :roll:

irishtobe

letter to alan shatter

Post by irishtobe » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:48 pm

i think we should all right to the minster of justice to bring to his attention the communication betwen the INIS and the peaple who waiting for answers , any idea ????

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:07 pm

i think its great idea to highlight immigrant problem.as above i already mention.but i did not got positive results from another users?

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Post by tj_Dublin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:54 pm

I totally support that idea. i think we should all get together and do some thing about it.

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am

tj_Dublin wrote:I totally support that idea. i think we should all get together and do some thing about it.
I think we should try and not create more trouble than necessary for the minister and his department. I think we all realize that things are improving so if we can all be a bit more patient and do less to potentially demoralize the people doing the work, it could be in everyone's interest?

caramel01
Newly Registered

Post by caramel01 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 am

sonnyhind wrote:
tj_Dublin wrote:I totally support that idea. i think we should all get together and do some thing about it.
I think we should try and not create more trouble than necessary for the minister and his department. I think we all realize that things are improving so if we can all be a bit more patient and do less to potentially demoralize the people doing the work, it could be in everyone's interest?
I think that if you've been waiting over 2.5 years for a decision on your application you won't be quite so understanding. You sound like a spokesperson from INIS! ;)

Malika

Post by Malika » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 am

caramel01 wrote:
sonnyhind wrote:
I think that if you've been waiting over 2.5 years for a decision on your application you won't be quite so understanding. You sound like a spokesperson from INIS! ;)
Citizenship is not a right but a privilege. INIS does not have to grant anybody citizenship. it is not an entitlement (excluding some categories)

I have been waiting more than 2.5 yrs. at this stage, I have accepted that I shall just wait for it however long it takes.
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm

one thing i just want to mention here since the new govt come to power things are really get better.i aprechtied minister and his team work.but still there is few areas where somebody have to address the minister our(immigrants)problems.citizenship helpline are always busy and applicant are getting always different answers.

salem66
Newly Registered

Post by salem66 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 pm

I still cannot understand why some people have to wait for 2.5 to over 4years. Are they going to give US a PhD!! I know a significant number of people applied late 2007 and still waiting. I do not know what ISIN waiting for Grada report or …ect!! :twisted:

aya101

Post by aya101 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:32 pm

did anyone get the new number assigned to your application?

We have sent documents to inis regarding my mums application and in a week we got a letter acknowledged that they had received the documents and to quote a number instead of the old one when sending anything to them.

she has been waiting from August 2009 and me from October 2010.
So I was thinking of doing the same to get my application moving!

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:22 pm

hi malika
its good point you make , but when they send you letter in 2010 to tell you that average time to procece your application is 23 month and you are waiting now 46 month its hard , for me i just want to know yes or no so i can plan my life that my case
kind regard
irishto be
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Citizenship is not a right but a privilege. INIS does not have to grant anybody citizenship. it is not an entitlement (excluding some categories)

I have been waiting more than 2.5 yrs. at this stage, I have accepted that I shall just wait for it however long it takes.[/quote]

KODO
Newly Registered

got approval today for C.O.N

Post by KODO » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:19 pm

hi all goodnews i got brown evenlope this evening....YOU guys in this forum have been helpfull i ve been reading here for the past 7 months all your encouragement is very helpful...i apply **/12/09.on 5 years resedency.goodluck to you guys waiting.IQU you are good i wish you LUCK and everyone waiting it will be in your post box soon .we need patience.

PIKKA

Re: got approval today for C.O.N

Post by PIKKA » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:38 pm

KODO wrote:hi all goodnews i got brown evenlope this evening....YOU guys in this forum have been helpfull i ve been reading here for the past 7 months all your encouragement is very helpful...i apply **/12/09.on 5 years resedency.goodluck to you guys waiting.IQU you are good i wish you LUCK and everyone waiting it will be in your post box soon .we need patience.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Have you received an approval or invitation of 1st April?
PIKKA

KODO
Newly Registered

Post by KODO » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:48 pm

hi PIKKA got approval to pay 950 euros first thank God ...i want to appricaite <adlexy>you guys really encourage me and you Pikka thanks guys am borrowing money to pay on monday hurrayyyyyyy

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 pm

KODO wrote:hi PIKKA got approval to pay 950 euros first thank God ...i want to appricaite <adlexy>you guys really encourage me and you Pikka thanks guys am borrowing money to pay on monday hurrayyyyyyy
Hi guys,
Just to let you know that one of my mates who applied in Jan 2010 just got approval today....I have applied in Dec 2010 but still no response so far.....

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 pm

KODO wrote:hi PIKKA got approval to pay 950 euros first thank God ...i want to appricaite <adlexy>you guys really encourage me and you Pikka thanks guys am borrowing money to pay on monday hurrayyyyyyy
That is a great news, New Wave of Approvals..............
GOOD LUCK to Everyone who is waiting including me :roll:
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:27 am

oh my god its really good news.i have tears from happiness in jy eyes.i wish each and indiviual to very very good luck .hope our turn will be the next.congrats kodo

KODO
Newly Registered

Post by KODO » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:50 am

IQU wrote:oh my god its really good news.i have tears from happiness in jy eyes.i wish each and indiviual to very very good luck .hope our turn will be the next.congrats kodo

goodluck IQU you will get it with patience,the last time i rang them was in sep 2011 since then i stop.goodluck everyone