ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pls help me

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freeman
Newly Registered

pls help me

Post by freeman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 am

i just sent my eea2 application,i am a non eea married to a eea,my current stay expired 2days ago,pls since i have not recieve any coa from ho,CAN I CONTINUE WORKING AS MY CURRENT LEAVE TO REMAIN HAS EXPIRED 2DAYS AGO,PLS IF I CONTINUE WORKING,WILL IT AFFECT MY CHANCES?PLS HELP ME PLS

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:09 am

If you are married to an EEA national who is exercising rights your leave does not expire. You apply for a residence card (EEA2) merely to confirm your rights of residence on that basis but this is not mandatory and you may continue to remain and work in the UK. If your previous entry into the UK was under UK immigration rules and has now expired, that is no longer relevant; if your previous entry to the UK was with an EEA family permit of 6 months validity, the fact that those six months have now passed in not relevant.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 am

don't worry dude chill. it's fine. usually coa takes couple of weeks but some times its very late...

Do you need to apply?

You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national.

However, you may be inconvenienced if you do not obtain this confirmation, as:

you may have difficulty proving that you are lawfully resident in the UK;
if you leave the UK, you will usually need to obtain an EEA family permit before returning here, in order to guarantee readmission as the family member of a qualified EEA national; and
you may find it difficult to obtain or change employment.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euciti ... ts-family/

freeman
Newly Registered

Post by freeman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am

thanks for ur urgent reply,pls am still worried,my current leave was for 6months,i was arrested at work following a raid last year for working illegally in uk,i was taking to a detention in london but was released after 2days,i claimed asylum but i already have an eea partner who at d time of my arrest was pregnant for me,i told my story and after they confirmed it,i was released and given 6months leave to remain which has expired 2days ago,my worry is,we are now married with my son,pls,my agency are always calling me for work but i have refused to go to work claimming that i am sick but they keep calling and asking me to come to work,i fear it will affect me if i continue to work without coa,pls can i still be working as i am very scared it might affect me n presently i am down with cash to pay my bills,i need to work n get cash,pls bail me out someone.thanks.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 am

Don’t worry HO won’t gonna deport you if you have a wife and a child here unless you are a threat. You have sent your application so don’t worry.. they might del;ya your application as you were arrested but.. everything will be ok...

freeman
Newly Registered

Post by freeman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:09 pm

thanks for ur reply,pls CAN I CONTINUE WORKING WITHOUT COA FROM HO?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:24 pm

as long as you make an 'in time' application, your current visa and all associated conditions/permissions will be extended.

were you allowed to work before as an asylum....

the best thing will be to email ho in liverpool...

freeman
Newly Registered

Post by freeman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:42 pm

thanks for ur reply,YES,I WAS ALLOWWED TO WORK FULL TIME WTOUT ANY RESTRICTION,AND I WAS ALSO ALLOWED TO REGISTERED A BUSINESS,AND DO ALL LEGAL THINGS IN UK.AM JUST CONCERN THAT I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO WORK BEFORE I RECIEVED COA FROM HO,I WILL EMAIL HO AND ASK AS U HAVE ADVICED.THANKS SO MUCH,PLS CAN U GIVE ME HO EMAIL PLS?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 pm

email of ho he he ;-)

anyways seriously if you were allowed to work then you can continue work as long as your application is being processed

UK Border Agency, Department 2, PO BOX 306, Liverpool L2 0QN.

OR

Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY

freeman
Newly Registered

Post by freeman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 pm

thank you so much for ur reply,i will mail them now.thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Punjab wrote:as long as you make an 'in time' application, your current visa and all associated conditions/permissions will be extended.

were you allowed to work before as an asylum....

the best thing will be to email ho in liverpool...
I don't think that statement is correct, Section 3C rights only applies to application made under the Immigration rules, and not under the EEA regulations.

Although to prevent discrimination, the rights under Section 3C should apply mutatis mutandis to EEA applications, unfortunately it doesn't.

It will be accurate to inform someone on this forum that it does.

Having said so, it is noteworthy that family members acquires their right automatically, without the need for formal documentation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

freeman
Newly Registered

Post by freeman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:22 am

thanks so much,i have mail them and i got a quick response with a link that says immediate family members of a eea can take job,it only applys to a direct family members such as husband n wife .it futher says it is an authomatic right for direct family member without any documentation and that HO residential card is just to confirm the right .thanks so much