ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help on cohab docs related issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aps
Newly Registered

Need help on cohab docs related issue

Post by aps » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi All,

Need a help on my scenario.

Date of UK Entry : 2nd June 2007
Hence , eligible to apply for ILR 28 days minus above date which is somethere around 6th May 2012.

If I apply or book a date for say 15th May in that case I would require cohabitation proof of last 2 years for my wife.

I have a tenenacy agreement from 29th may 2010 to 29th may 2012 and similarrly for councilx tax

I complete 2 years on current house on 29th May 2012 , unfortunately I dont have anything for previous address.

Can I apply on 15or 20th May or shall apply post 29th May.

Please advise

Thanks,

aps
Newly Registered

Post by aps » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 am

Anyone , please advise

Pleasesssssssssssss

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Assuming you are applying for SET (M) you need to provide six items spread over that period as evidence that you are living together. Council Tax bills in joint names are good. not all items have to have joint names but you will need to send items addressed to you individually at the same address.

Bank statements, Provisional/full driving licences, utility bills, Doctors letters are all fine. If in doubt put a few more in!

There is no requirement for the paperwork to go back to day one but you need to provide a good spread. Tenancy agreements as in your OP will be good.

We sent medical letters (registration with local GP), drivers licence etc but the only joint addressed item was the Council Tax bills for this and last year. The rest were a mix of addressed to me and addressed to my wife. This is perfectly acceptable under the rules. If you are applying by post be ready for a long wait. You can apply up to 28 days before the 24 month period but must apply by the 27th month to prevent overstay!

Unless I am missing something it seems you have two good items to get you started! I would suggest you try to get another 4-6 items. The UKBA ask that the documents do not all come from one source (such as sending a pile of bank statements) and expecting that to do!