ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spent crime

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ialacis

spent crime

Post by ialacis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi

is it correct that one with minor crime (SPENT ) can not apply for british citizenship ?
i have traffic offence ( fix ticket ) from past and also one minior offence which i commited 6+ yeas ago , its spent now and i already secured my ILR recently.

today i spoke to a solicitor and he said law for british citizenship is diffrent to ILR and I have to be green to the court and have no offence at all, is he correct?

Smallfamily

Re: spent crime

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

ialacis wrote:Hi

is it correct that one with minor crime (SPENT ) can not apply for british citizenship ?
i have traffic offence ( fix ticket ) from past and also one minior offence which i commited 6+ yeas ago , its spent now and i already secured my ILR recently.

today i spoke to a solicitor and he said law for british citizenship is diffrent to ILR and I have to be green to the court and have no offence at all, is he correct?
It depends on nature of the crime...some considered to be more serious than others

friend12345

Re: spent crime

Post by friend12345 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Smallfamily wrote:
ialacis wrote:Hi

It depends on nature of the crime...some considered to be more serious than others
I have a traffic offence with code LC 20 for driving on international licence as I didnt know it was invalid after one year from first arrival in country, I was given 2 points on my provisional licence and no fine in the court, do you think i'll be fine?
Regards