ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE TO SIMPLE QUESTION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrmike

URGENT ADVICE TO SIMPLE QUESTION

Post by mrmike » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Hi all

I have overstayed my WHV for 10 months (will be 10 months at time of sposal visa application) and I am returning home to get married and apply for a spousal visa (English partner)

In these 10 months of overstaying I have been working illegally so my question is should I be honest about this and even include my pay slips and bank statements to help with my proof of funds (honesty seems the best way) or will this count against me and also possibly get my employer in trouble.?

Thanks in advance

Mike

mrmike

Post by mrmike » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:11 pm

Moderators, anyone? :(

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:34 pm

It is a bit of a catch 22 situation.

If you want my 0.02p, I would come clean and be frank about it, as your entry clearance could be revoked in the future if it is ever discovered that you gave false information to obtain it.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:25 pm

dont volunteer information unless requested
Where there is a will there is a way.

mrmike

Post by mrmike » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:23 am

Ok thanks guys

So when any information is requested I'll be honest...

but in regards to my payslips and bank statements for the last 10 months when I have been in the UK overstaying there is no need to submit this information?

is this right

thanks

Mike

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 pm

In these 10 months of overstaying I have been working illegally so my question is should I be honest about this
It is essential that all the questions on the VAF2 application form are answered honestly. That is clearly the best policy to adopt. As they say, "get caught in the lie, wave your visa goodbye"!

If you have not already done so do download the VAF2 application form .... click here ..... and work out what answers you intend to give to the various questions, particularly in Section 7.

Whilst I agree with Chess that "don't volunteer information unless requested", if indeed they ask a question about a particular matter then it is essential that the correct information is supplied.
John

mrmike

Post by mrmike » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 am

Ok, thanks John, Chess for the replies, it makes perfect sense that I answer all questions honestly, obviously if I do it will be clear that I have been in the UK since my Visa expired and then if they are forthcoming about questioning this I explain

7.1 Is your current passport your first? No
7.2 Have you travelled outside your home country? Yes
7.3 Have you visited the UK before? Yes
7.4 Have you applied for a UK visa before? Yes
7.5 Have you ever been refused a visa for the UK? No !
7.6 Have you ever been refused entry to the UK or had leave to enter or remain cancelled? No !
7.7 Have you ever been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK? No !
7.8 Have you ever been refused a visa for another country? No !

Those are the answers I would give and due to the fact I am leaving on my own accord they are all perfectly true.

would you aggree?

cheers

Mike

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:12 am

Mike, based upon the facts mentioned by you in this topic, yes I agree that those proposed answers appear to be correct.

Hope the application goes well.
John

mrmike

Post by mrmike » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:29 am

Ok thanks John

Is there any other areas of the VAF2 form that i should take particular care filling out. is the question where it asks "when did you last see your partner" if I answer this honestly it will be obvious that I have overstayed my time anyway. And also further more in regards to payslips bank statements should I include these as part of my financial situation even though it is obvious that i not supposed to be here and working.

If as stated a settlement visa cannot be denied due to overstaying then I assume I should?

cheers

mike

mrmike

Post by mrmike » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:50 pm

Also on top of the previous question I have a question regarding proff of accomodation, it says in the rules "accomdaye exclusively" soes this mean we have to be the only people living at this property?

currently we live in a 3 bedrrom house with my fiancee and myself sharing thoe top floor room and two flatmates in the downstairs room. The room we share is basically a studio with its own louge bathroom etc so will this sufice to satisfy the accomation rules?

If so what evidence do I need to supply for this?

cheers

Mike